Would you rather have a player's backup similar to him or offering a very different style?

kaustubh

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A similar styled player would be more economical as you can use the veterans on the team to help him develop with your head coaches style; that particular player would only prolong your teams success as he can take over after Dirk, yet bring a new dynamic of youthful innovation to your current team as well.

A similar styled player would be more economical as you can use the veterans on the team to help him develop with your head coaches style; that particular player would only prolong your teams success as he can take over after Dirk, yet bring a new dynamic of youthful innovation to your current team as well.

What if the player is young, like maybe Eric Gordon? Would you rather have a similar style player for continuity, or a different one to give variety?

I'd prefer to have someone with a different style personally. It adds a different option to the team. For example, the Raptors have Calderon at PG and his backup is Bayless. I like that set up, because Calderon being a pass-first PG is great for a team with good scorers, but when the team is struggling to put the ball in the net, then Bayless can add another aspect to the team by being able to score himself.

That isn't the best example, but you get what I mean.

What if the player is young, like maybe Eric Gordon? Would you rather have a similar style player for continuity, or a different one to give variety?

Me personally both. That way while a player like Gordon has hype Id play him sporadically like N.O.H is doing with Kaman until there trade value is bonkers; trade him for a high draft pick, or a player with blazing potential, then court those two players and look towards the future.

Immediately afterwards I would start to surround those two hypothetical players, lets say guard and center combo, with very efficient off the ball complimentary players. That's basically how I would build my dynasty; of course this is all hypothetical and we are theoretically speaking. ;)

I know our starters and bench guys are much different from one another. Chalmers is more of a spot up shooter who doesn't run the floor too well whereas Norris runs the floor better than possibly any rookie this year (you have to see this guy in transition) and is more of a mid range off the dribble scorer. Then you have Wade and LeBron who are primarily slashers with James Jones, Mike Miller and Battier backing them up who are spot up shooters and 2 of them being 2 of the best shooters in the league. Udonis is the opposite of Bosh as he's all about rebounding and hustle and then worrying about offense.

I think you definitely want to have role players who bring something else to the table than your starters do.