Who's the best defensive PG in the NBA today?

kaustubh

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we are talking one on one defense I have to go with the old head Jason Kidd. Time after time, in big games, he comes up with defensive plays on the opposing teams best player. Rather it be the P.G. or the S.G,. kay. eye. double. dee. plays man to man D :.

• Owner

Rajon Rondo. He can defend more than one position on the floor, has quick hands, plays the passing lanes very well, uses angles and keeps his man out of his hot spots. His length causes problems for jumpshooters, and his lateral quickness allows him to keep up with slashers.

• Like 2

One-on-one, give me Jrue Holiday. Dude is extremely underrated. He has a very good athleticism and size for his position, is fundementally sound and doesn't gamble too much like a Rondo/Westbrook, is tough as nails, and is consistent is his approach.

Another PG that goes way under the radar defensively is CJ Watson. There are times where he plays lockdown, feisty defense, and is also smart in how he goes about things. Rondo has amazing speed and at times is all over the court defelecting and stealing passes, and CP3 has the absolute quickest hands in the league and is constantly ruining a team's offensive flow with his pick-pocket ability. And even though he's been hurt and is better on SG's, Hinrich can play lockdown defense.

One-on-one, give me Jrue Holiday. Dude is extremely underrated. He has a very good athleticism and size for his position, is fundementally sound and doesn't gamble too much like a Rondo/Westbrook, is tough as nails, and is consistent is his approach.

Was going to mention him, but when I saw Nitro had the last post in this thread I knew he would already have brought him up. Holiday is a very underrated defender since Iguodala gets most of the attention when it comes to defense on this team (and rightfully so as he is elite). Holiday is more than capable of locking point guards up, though. He struggles a bit with bigger guards who can post him up, like an Andre Miller or Deron Williams, but other than that, he can hold his own defensively with any point guard in the league.

Other than him, probably Rondo since he plays passing lanes so well and has such a significant length advantage over most point guards. His gambling can really hurt him, though, and that is why I think Holiday is right up there with him.

Paul's hands are excellent, but his knee injuries have hurt his laterall quicks and that can be taken advantage of at times so I can't put him on that level.

I'd probably put the top 5 at something like:

Rondo

Holiday

Lowry

Paul

Hinrich

Rondo first, with Lowry as a really close 2nd. I also think Deron Williams is pretty good defensively since he's shut down CP3 quite a few times already.

I honestly think he just knows how CP3 plays as they battled in college and have always had a comparison spotlight on them; though I'm not trying to take anything away from Deron as a defender I just think he knows Pauls every move before he makes it.