Clippers On the Rise

Art

ARTICLE . 01.31.2012 . CP3 . CLIPPERS ON THE RISE

"I didn't choose to come here," says Paul, a four-time All-Star at only 26. "I got traded. But I looked at it as an unbelievable opportunity." The Clippers? An opportunity? "I've always liked this franchise!" ESPN.com

• Looks like he may choose to leave the clips after this season... LULZ

Edited by Art Hues
  • Like 1

Would be a real dirtbag move if he did, since part of the agreement of the trade was that he would pick up his contract option for the 2012/13 season.

Besides, you are trying to start something that isn't there. If you posted more of the article, people will see the context and not take the tiny quote and blow it out of proportion.

But Paul is a scofflaw on this, too. He and his Swiss-Army-knife hoops game seem bent on U-turning one of the most lopsided un-rivalries in the NBA. The Clippers not only lead the Lakers in the standings, but they beat them in both preseason games, then again in the first regular-season meeting between the two. And when the Clippers finally lost to them Wednesday night, Paul kept bucking. He got chippy with 7-foot Pau Gasol, slapping Gasol's long arm away from his head and snapping at him.

Paul especially likes L.A. now that he bought singer Avril Lavigne's $8.5 million house in the hills above the Wilshire district. Closed in three days. Life is suddenly the best damn thing.

What Paul has learned about L.A. is nothing compared to what L.A. has learned about Paul. For instance, L.A. now knows that off the court, he's St. Paul. On the court, he's 6 feet of hate.

So there you go. Between Gasol, Kobe and Not Always About Metta World Peace, the Lakers are Paul's real enemy now. And even though Billups told me, "We're not quite ready to take them on yet. We've got a ways to go," Paul wants to win the season series like you want your next breath.

"Look, we're not trying to convert Lakers fans," he says. "We're just trying to give people who've been Clippers fans all this time something really good to cheer for."

I doubt he leaves the Clippers. Why would he? He has a point guards dream playing next to athletic bigs like Jordan and Griffin. He has a great role player in Butler. He is making the Clippers one of th emost talked about franchises in the league. He is playing in a huge market. He is in line for a huge payday. Another other place he would have to make sacrifices to join. He doesn't have to make any of those in LA. He pretty much has the ideal team around him once the Clipps fire Del Negro and get a real shooting guard.

I mean I won't completely count it out, but I don't see why he would leave.

OP is so misleading

exactly. art hues seems to have the great ability to frame what guys say. i'm pretty sure the context was that he didn't "demand to be a clipper" like Melo seemingly "demanded to be a Knick"