Houston @ Portland

• 2 months later...

Hmm.. the two teams are tied after the first quarter, and then Houston is suddenly down 13 at the end of the 2nd.

On Houston's side, it seems a bit odd to me that Battier has taken the most shots. I'd like to see Ariza and Scola get about 15-20 shots each by the end of the game. The offense needs to be run through those two and Brooks.

And Greg Oden looks awful on the offensive end for Portland. No points and four turnovers, yet those 3 blocks and 6 boards are lookin good. Nice play from Outlaw off the bench, though.

BTW, I haven't actually been watching the game, just looking at the stats.

Edited by Poe

Hmm.. the two teams are tied after the first quarter, and then Houston is suddenly down 13 at the end of the 2nd.

On Houston's side, it seems a bit odd to me that Battier has taken the most shots. I'd like to see Ariza and Scola get about 15-20 shots each by the end of the game. The offense needs to be run through those two and Brooks.

And Greg Oden looks awful on the offensive end for Portland. No points and four turnovers, yet those 3 blocks and 6 boards are lookin good. Nice play from Outlaw off the bench, though.

BTW, I haven't actually been watching the game, just looking at the stats.

Scola just came off ankle injury wont look too great, but he'll be good after a week, we also are shooting terribly and dont know what to do on offense.

Scola just came off ankle injury wont look too great, but he'll be good after a week, we also are shooting terribly and dont know what to do on offense.

So I guess this is going to be a slow start to the season for the Rockets. Hopefully they'll start flowing soon and won't wind up digging themselves a hole.

He was actually quite bothered with Chuck Hayes who is obviously smaller and has quicker hands. I think Oden wasn't prepared to play against Hayes because Hayes kept on knocking the ball right out of his hands anytime he touched it. I was hoping he'd have a big scoring night with the undersized Hayes on him but Hayes played him very nicely.

• Owner

He was actually quite bothered with Chuck Hayes who is obviously smaller and has quicker hands. I think Oden wasn't prepared to play against Hayes because Hayes kept on knocking the ball right out of his hands anytime he touched it. I was hoping he'd have a big scoring night with the undersized Hayes on him but Hayes played him very nicely.

Yeah, Hayes is a good defensive player. It's the reason why the Rockets decided to start him over Landry in the 07-08 season, and that's why he's getting the nod now.

• Owner

Well, I loved Oden in college. Once KU was eliminated, I was pulling for Oden and Conley at Ohio State. Oden dominated defensively, and he was a good offensive player when he wanted to be, even when he was playing left-handed (due to the injury).

But college and the NBA are two different beasts, as we all know, and I think Oden is finding that out already. I really shouldn't have compared him to Ben Wallace as far as scoring goes (all Wallace could ever do was dunk the ball), but at this point, Oden's game is mostly a dunk as well. He has what looks to be a nice drop step if he'd just work on it more, maybe a short hook, but it's just not there yet, and if he's going to score on anyone, he needs to dunk the ball.