Cleveland @ Toronto

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

I imagine Cleveland will want to win this game by 50, so Toronto is going to have to come out firing from the perimeter (Hedo) and getting to the foul line (DeRozan and Bosh). Put Shaq in foul trouble, and double LeBron hard. That's really all you can expect the Raptors to do. Shaq isn't a guy you have to double as much anymore, but I'm not quite sure the Raptors should plan on covering him with just one man. They are thin up front, not much defensive talent. It would be different if they had someone like Perkins or Howard.

I have Cleveland winning this by double-digits.

Bargnani-Shaq matchup is a mismatch on both ends. It'll be interesting to see if Calderon has truly improved his D, and I wonder how Turk will handle LeBron without having the best shotblocker in the league backing him up.

It's to be expected that the Cavs win this. I wonder how much the Raptors have really improved.

No one is going to be able to contain LeBron, Derozan is too small and inexperienced and Hedo, is Hedo. This game begins and ends with LeBron, if he is cold we will win if he is average/good we will lose. LeBron will need to play bad for them to lose this game.

Was supposed to be going to this game <_< will have to settle for the game this Sunday vs Magic, which will be much more emotional with VC IN THE HOUSE.

In typical Raptors form it will be relatively close for the first 28 minutes or so then the Cavs will go on a run and we will never recover :lol:

Sigh, the life of a raptors fan. This game will def keep me from writing my paper that I havnt started, which is due tomorrow.

I just got massively sick but two positives did come out of this. Finsihed an essay before i got sick and I was gonna lay in bed and watch the game anyway. Plus, no other essay due for a week and a half. And, HD ftw

Toronto is going to get spanked. Shaq is going to have his way with Toronto down low and LeBron arguably plays better against Toronto than any other team in the league and it is only going to be worse this season with Anthony Parker gone. Parker would still be the best perimeter defender on the team (aside from Wright but I don't expect much from him with his knee problems, hell, I don't even know if he is playing) and Turkoglu/DeRozan/Belinelli aren't going to do anything against LeBron. Calderon is very poor defensively as well which will hurt us when it comes to doubling LeBron as he is slow rotating whenever the Raptors double.

With the Raptors having 9 new players still getting used to the system, having a very questionable defensive team and with Cleveland coming off of a tough loss last night, I expect the Raptors to get dominated tonight. This stretch to start of the season for the Raptors is very tough and I expect them to get off to a relatively poor start to begin the year.

I hope I am wrong (which I often am when it comes to predictions lol).

In typical Raptors form it will be relatively close for the first 28 minutes or so then the Cavs will go on a run and we will never recover :lol:

lol, I'm not even watching the game but thats so true. They always give you some kind of faith that they might be able to pull it off and then reality sets in.

The Cavs have looked worse when Shaq is on the floor, we just spread the floor too much for them to have two C's out there. Once our jumpers stop falling we could be in trouble though, not much has been happening in the paint, while their paint at least.

Giving up so many offensive boards though -_-

• Owner

I said it when he went to Phoenix, and I said it when he was traded to Cleveland: Shaq is one of the worst players at defending the pick and roll. It's not even up for discussion. Not only that, but he can't move anywhere out of the paint, not even to defend the likes of Bargnani or Bosh, and Toronto is taking advantage of that quickly.

Remember "Desert Dud" (the article I wrote)? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8844-desert-dud-why-shaquille-oneal-wont-work-in-phoenix

Quite a bit applies here, and all of this showed against the Spurs in the first round of the playoffs two years ago.

Shaq needs to be in a half-court offense that doesn't rely on a slashing forward to get their points. He needs a team with a good defensive backcourt. He needs a team that will feed him the ball and play off it.

Cleveland does not look like the team that won 66 games last year. The chemistry is still there with everyone, but the defense isn't, and LeBron can't do what he pleases.

At this point I feel like I can't watch this team for awhile.

No offense, no defense, nothing. Wide open shots given up, and the Cavs only shoot threes. It may be Shaq but I've really lose respect for this team now.

It's just a joke how lackadaisical this team is.

The Cavs continue to launch 18+ footers. Eventually those are going to start falling :( I am trying hard not to get excited, this could be a typical Raptors game, LeBron has been quiet it is only a matter of time....

You're up by [expletive]ing 20. Be happy. :rolleyes: