Melo out 1-2 weeks with strained right groin

Real Deal

• Owner
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Carmelo+Anthony+Charlotte+Bobcats+v+New+York+lb3g7x3UAEhl.jpg

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) -- The New York Knicks say they expect Carmelo Anthony to miss a week or two with a strained right groin.

Video Anthony was hurt Monday, leaving after six minutes of a 99-88 victory over Utah and continuing an injury-plagued season.

Anthony has missed three games with various ankle, wrist and hand injuries and shot poorly in a handful of others while playing through the pain.

The All-Star forward leads the Knicks with 22.3 points per game.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/02/07/melo-injury.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

• Like 1

Oh well, we'll survive. The schedule is not difficult the next 10 days. They'll win most of those if they play like they did the past two games. Not like we are going up against MIA, CHI or OKC...We are playing teams like WAS, MIN, SAC, and NO for the most part.

This will give Stoudemire (whenever he comes back) a chance to really get into the flow again. He's been in an out with injuries, and now the death of his brother. This will give him an opportunity to really take control of the team again the next 4-5 games.

Will also to be interesting to see how STAT looks without Anthony...

This will give Stoudemire (whenever he comes back) a chance to really get into the flow again. He's been in an out with injuries, and now the death of his brother. This will give him an opportunity to really take control of the team again the next 4-5 games.

Will also to be interesting to see how STAT looks without Anthony...

He could have taken contol of the team the first 26 games. It's not like he lacked the shot attempts or opportunity.

As for what he will look like without Anthony, I'm sure he'll look somewhat like 06-11 Amare now that he's got a real PG giving him the ball in sweet spots and in ryhthm.

He could have taken contol of the team the first 26 games. It's not like he lacked the shot attempts or opportunity.

As for what he will look like without Anthony, I'm sure he'll look somewhat like 06-11 Amare now that he's got a real PG giving him the ball in sweet spots and in ryhthm.

I know what you mean, but my point was it'll be interesting to see how much better he looks with Lin, and also how much better/worse/same he looks without Carmelo (since many still believe they can't fit on the same team).

Edited by JYD