Perkins takes a shot at LeBron

• Owner

He'll never forget Blake dunking on him.

Shortly after the dunk, James tweeted, “Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I’m No. 2 now. Move over #6.” James was referring to his alley-oop dunk he threw down after jumping over Chicago Bulls guard John Lucas III a day earlier.

“You don’t see Kobe [bryant] tweeting,” Perkins said. “You don’t see Michael Jordan tweeting. If you’re an elite player, plays like that don’t excite you. At the end of the day, the guys who are playing for the right reasons who are trying to win championships are not worrying about one play.

“They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2. I just feel [James] is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_kendrick_perkins_lebron_james_blake_griffin_020712

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/Ladypolitik/macros/Oh_he_mad.jpg

Lol, he acts like LeBron was the only one that tweeted about it. Everyone on twitter was shitting on him that night. He indirectly complemented LeBron too putting him on that Kobe/Jordan level I guess. Either way, he mad.

Edited by Flash

March 25th, 2012.

Game of the year for us IMO.

Honestly though, LeBron is just the easy target for people. I don't see him complaining about the TNT crew ripping him the entire night or the rest of the NBA who wasn't playing that night for that matter.

• Owner

I don't see him complaining about the TNT crew ripping him the entire night or the rest of the NBA who wasn't playing that night for that matter.

Sort of a different situation, though. Perkins doesn't like LeBron, and I doubt LeBron likes him, so when LBJ goes on Twitter (as a superstar) and makes a big deal out of Perk getting absolutely destroyed by Griffin, I'm sure it's not going to sit well with the big man (or little big man, since he lost 500 pounds).

Game of the year for us IMO.

Honestly though, LeBron is just the easy target for people. I don't see him complaining about the TNT crew ripping him the entire night or the rest of the NBA who wasn't playing that night for that matter.

That's exactly what it is, and with him having so many haters it makes it that much easier for people to hate on him. Perkins is just mad that he got [expletive]ed up by Blake and wants to change the topic therefore he brings up the one guy the media and basketball fans love to hate on. If anything he should feel stupid knowing exactly what LeBron says and does with his life. :lol:

What can you say? The truth hurts. Perkins is merely stating the obvious, and I don't mind him for being ticked. Of all players, you'd expect the elite ones to not behave like LBJ does. I respect Perkins more too. When he gets hit, you don't see him acting hurt unless he really is. The other guy, on the other hand, complains after every physical moment in the game like an immature narcissist. Don't believe me? Watch the next Heat game.

And why shouldn't people target him? If he brings it on himself and isn't proving the doubters wrong, then it can keep ring until he acts like a mature adult whose off-the-court actions feel heartfelt and not forced.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Perkins is always talking to the media looking for attention, so really, who is he to talk?

He has this to say about Chris Webber earlier this year because he said that Perkins was a great fit in Boston but not for Oklahoma City:

and im tired of chris webber hatin on me get a ring first and then i can respect ya comments other wise keep my name out of ya mouth

Last season he called Pau Gasol soft and Phil Jackson arrogant:

"Yesterday's news," he said. "I don't like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phil is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe [bryant] tries to bring out his toughness, but he's still soft."

Had this to say about the Heat after he was traded to OKC:

“[The Celtics are] arrogant in a good way,” he said. “Each guy feels they have a matchup to their advantage against Miami. They take it a lot personal when they play them.”

Perk goes on to say that Ray Allen will give Dwyane Wade fits because Wade falls asleep on defense.

“Dwyane falls asleep a lot. He doesn’t like to guard screen-and-rolls, and that’s what Ray specializes in. Dwyane doesn’t like to get picked. He’s a good on-the-ball defender as far as a guy dribbling, but he struggles getting over screens.”

Perkins didn't end there. He said that Chris Bosh "definitely" won't slow down KG, and that Garnett takes it personal when he goes against Bosh.

Perk said that the Celtics players never talked about any disdain for the Heat privately, but went on to speculate, "I know it’s in their heads, how everybody crowned them before they played a game.”

These are all from within the last year and I'm sure I could find more if I really looked.

Perkins is just pissed that everybody is starting to see how overrated he is without Garnett covering his ass defensively. The guy is constantly barking to the media, yet he has a problem with a Twitter comment from James? Give me a break.

• Like 1

What can you say? The truth hurts. Perkins is merely stating the obvious, and I don't mind him for being ticked. Of all players, you'd expect the elite ones to not behave like LBJ does. I respect Perkins more too. When he gets hit, you don't see him acting hurt unless he really is. The other guy, on the other hand, complains after every physical moment in the game like an immature narcissist. Don't believe me? Watch the next Heat game.

And why shouldn't people target him? If he brings it on himself and isn't proving the doubters wrong, then it can keep ring until he acts like a mature adult whose off-the-court actions feel heartfelt and not forced.

Over/under set at one year on when the bitching will stop..

I'm taking the over.

Screams the apologist

Apologist for what LeBron not being wrong at all in this?

Just some more tweets form that night:

Matt Carroll: Who just saw @Blake Griffin smash on K. Perkins head?!?!?!? Wow!!!

kevinlove @blakegriffin I hope you told Kendrick Perkins to shut up about the mantra!!!

There's plenty others, but yeah lets shit on LeBron because he didn't come to our team in 2010.

Dan LeBatard with a great response:

James should just say that just like you don't see Kobe or MJ tweeting, you never saw guys like Ostertag trying to call them out.

Edited by Flash

You apologize for Lebron as often as he hates on him; every thread. That's all. No need to bring it to attention every time.

I didn't think it was a big deal either.

Not my fault dude is still butthurt about something that happened almost 2 years ago.

lol, man I'm happy Perkins went up. Most big man would be too scared because its Blake, I'm happy Perkins was man enough to go up and challenge. But in the Griffin won the battle up top. Its over.

People chirping Perk because he went up, good, that is his job. Now Perkins just has to get over the whole thing and make sure there isn't a next time.

LeBron's response:

Ira Winderman asked LeBron about the Kendrick Perkins Twittermania. LeBron's answer: "I can see why he may have felt embarrassed.

Lol, glad to see LeBron not back down and take that shit.