Utah @ Denver

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Billups seems like he lost a step, and I can't say that losing Kleiza didn't hurt Denver's bench. Afflalo is no legitimate replacement, and Balkman can be a horrible player on the court.

On the other hand, Lawson is a freak. Deron may be playing extra minutes in order to contain that Denver backcourt, unless Maynor proves he can hang in there with Lawson's slashing.

Utah was a good team at full health. Denver was a 54-win team last season.

At Denver, I expect the Nuggets to pull it out, but that's only if they contain Deron Williams. It's a huge assignment for Billups, but the downfall for the Jazz could also be letting Smith rack up his threes. Brewer is a decent defensive player, but he needs work on closing out shooters.

If all of that fails for both teams, they have enough in their frontcourt to make a game interesting. Boozer and Melo can produce 25-30 points, and Okur is always a mismatch against Denver.

This was a great game for the Nuggets. They were on fire all game.

Just check out the stateline of each player:

Anthony - 30 pts, 8 reb and 5 ast

Martin - 14 pts and 11 reb

Nene - 15 pts and 6 reb

Chauncey - 25 pts

• Owner

Nice of Boozer to choke in this one. I didn't expect Utah to win, figured it would've been over sooner, but Deron kept them in the game, and I do like what Kirilenko and Brewer did out there on offense as well.

Utah's defense wasn't so hot, though.

Good win by the Nuggets. They had five or six guys contribute quite a bit, shoot well...and Lawson is a monster.