Rockets still want Pau Gasol

Dash

...but the Lakers are asking for Kyle Lowry.

Nevertheless, Kobe was chatting Rondo up for most of the fourth quarter. Rondo’s a player who so intrigues Bryant. Who wouldn’t want him? But he isn’t available to the Lakers. Everyone knows the Lakers need a point guard, and the price of a top playmaker remains the same: Gasol. The Houston Rockets still have a longing for Gasol, but the Lakers would want a player the Rockets are most reluctant to part with: point guard Kyle Lowry. The Lakers could probably pry a combination of Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Gasol, league sources said, but it’s doubtful they’ll move Gasol without solving their point guard problem. Lowry has developed into one of the league’s finest point guards, but Rockets general manager Daryl Morey isn’t trading him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_lakers_celtics_nba_021012

Easy no from the Rockets' end. I'm not sure if would go for a Martin/Scola for Pau deal with Nene out of the picture, but the Lakers don't appear interested anyways.

Edited by Dash

I wouldn't trade Gasol for Lowry, honestly, after seeing just how much he has dropped off. His offense fell back down to Earth after teams realized he could be a threat.

A lot of people like to say that Lowry broke out this season but in reality it was right after the All-Star break when the Rockets posted one of the top records in league during that time period with Lowry leading the way. He has dropped off quite a bit lately but its not like he's been All-Star level for 10 games and then started playing horribly.

I don't get why Houston would get rid of Lowry...they had Brooks, who showed potential, then let go of him, and now that Lowry has shown potential, they can't give up on him.

Brooks was horrendous for us last season and even when he was averaging 20 ppg in 09-10, I still felt he was incredibly overrated. I don't regret letting him go at all especially considering that we got a superior point guard in Goran Dragic and a first round pick.

And the article clearly states that Houston is not going to part with Kyle Lowry.

Edited by Dash