Jennings Wants To Play In A Bigger Market

Brandon Jennings, the Milwaukee Bucks' leading scorer, told ESPN.com Thursday he will strongly consider leaving Milwaukee for one of the league's larger markets once his rookie contract ends.

"I am going to keep my options open, knowing that the time is coming up,'' Jennings said in an email interview. "I'm doing my homework on big market teams

"I'm going to keep playing hard every night for the Bucks as long as I'm there,'' Jennings said. "I'm not promising that's where my future will be. I will make sure me and (agent Bill Duffy) look at all the best options.''

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7560912/milwaukee-bucks-brandon-jennings-doing-homework-big-market-teams

Does this really surprise anybody? I don't think many people expect him to actually stay with Milwaukee any longer than he has to.

Where do you think he wants to go? Obviously being from Cali he the Lakers would be at the top of his list and they need a point guard.

It also makes things interesting to see whether he will actually come out and demand a trade (which, this is basically doing without directly stating it) before the deadline or in the summer.

• Owner

Obviously being from Cali he the Lakers would be at the top of his list and they need a point guard.

We need one that plays defense and is a pass-first, with the ability to score...and someone that is a winner. Jennings does not apply, and I hope the Lakers shut down Milwaukee in any trade proposals that involve us dealing our two big men.

In fact, I wouldn't trade Drew OR Gasol for the combo of Jennings AND Bogut. I'm sure others would, but Jennings is not right for this team, and I'm not even sure if Bogut will be able to play a full NBA season ever again.

As for which big market team he covets, "wishes," to play for I could not tell you but In every other interview he keeps making references to T.Dot.

Personally though I would trade either one of our draft picks and anyone on the Hornets for Jennings and Kaman for Bogut, or Ariza and K for S-Jax and B.

Edited by Art Hues

Derozan + Jennings. I think Derozan convinces his buddy Brandon to come play in Toronto. I don't think it will take too much convincing either considering he has already says he loves the city.

Interesting. I think that's possible.

I would take him in a second if I were the Lakers. What better option is there? Gilbert Arenas?

A few days ago he admitted that he isn't playing as hard as he can in games:

michael wickett @mikewickett

Brandon Jennings quote #1: "i can't say i've been playing hard the last couple games...i really haven't."

michael wickett @mikewickett

Brandon Jennings quote #2 "I need to look in the mirror and ask myself if this is something i'm up for."

In the 9 games he has played in Feburary he has yet to shoot above 40% from the floor.

So is this a case of him just mailing it in and waiting for a trade, a la Vince Carter's final days in Toronto, or was he simply playing over his head earlier in the season and is now coming back down to earth as the sub 40%, chucker that he was in his first two seasons?

Derozan + Jennings. I think Derozan convinces his buddy Brandon to come play in Toronto. I don't think it will take too much convincing either considering he has already says he loves the city.

He's also said in the past that he loves Milwaukee. Means nothing.

He wants to play in a big market, specifically LA.