Phoenix @ L.A. Clippers

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

The Clippers looked pretty good last night, despite not having Griffin in the lineup, along with a limping Baron. Gordon played an excellent game, and Camby looks younger.

Phoenix just dumped Shaq mainly so they can speed up their offense again. They do say they play better defense, but that remains to be seen throughout the season.

The biggest concern isn't going to be Nash or Amare, but Channing Frye. He proved he can hit from downtown, and both Kaman and Jordan are too big to follow him out of the paint. That may force Camby on Frye, which means Kaman (or Smith) will be defending Amare.

I like the Amare/Smith match-up because Smith seems to be determined to prove a point this season, and he's a strong player willing to bang down low, or face up and get to the rim. He's going to have to be careful in pick and roll situations with Nash, though, as a switch will throw Baron on Amare, leaving him dead in the water against Nash, and Amare pretty much open to a dunk.

I would say it comes down to defense, but nobody in Phoenix can defend Gordon other than Hill, and he's not fast enough...and, at the same time, there's not a single player for the Clippers that can contain Amare.

If the Suns utilize the pick and roll more times than not, they'll win the game.

I wonder what Goran Dragic ate for breakfast this offseason. He was nothing more than useless last year. He's been oddly...good.

Yeah. Sometimes up lol. I always had faith in him though, maybe not so much but in me I knew Dragic could learn a bit from Nash.

• Owner

Baron Davis needs to get off the court. That last layup by Nash was a PATHETIC showing of defense by Baron. If his foot is causing him that much trouble, he needs to let Dunleavy know, so the Clippers aren't crippled by it. He had steals and assists, but he shot the ball badly again, and he disappeared on defense in that second half of the fourth. Nash crushed him, most of the time without a screen.

And, that last second three by Gordon was too contested. He should've passed it out and tried for the tie.

Awesome game, though. Where did Craig Smith go? He played just nine minutes after the game he had against the Lakers? Did he get hurt?