Who, on this Wizards team, is worth keeping?

Real Deal

• Owner

Go ahead...waive them all but John, if you want.

John Wall

Nick Young

JaVale McGee

Jordan Crawford

Andray Blatche

Rashard Lewis

Chris Singleton

Trevor Booker

Jan Vesely

Kevin Seraphin

Shelvin Mack

Mo Evans

Ronny Turiaf

Roger Mason

John Wall, of course. All he's gotta do is learn how to control his tempo as well as improve his jumper and the sky will be the limit. After that, it's just a matter of putting a quality team around him. The potential is still sky-high.

Nick Young is a low percentage chucker who doesn't do much else, but he is still a very explosive scorer who could be lethal in a 6th man role on the right squad. He's too one dimensional and streaky to be a dependable starter, but he's definitely a game-changer who can completely turn games around off the bench.

I have liked what I've seen from Trevor Booker this season. He's pretty tough, doesn't play outside of his capabilities, and is a pretty good defender.

That's it. I'm convinced guys like Blatche, Crawford and McGee have had lobotomies, which is the only explanation for what I see from them on the basketball court every night.

Wall, obviously.

Young if he is willing to accept a 6th man role, but something tells me that isn't something he would be willing to do.

Booker can be a Jason Maxiell type of energy big. I'm talking Maxiell during the Pistons better days in the early/mid parts of 2000, not the current Maxiell.

Singleton has potential as a Thabo Sefolosha type defender.

I'd also keep Vesely around to at least see what he can do. I wasn't high on him coming into the draft and thought it was a bad pick by the Wizards, but he is long and athletic and doesn't play outside of himself, so maybe he could develop into a decent role player.

Other than that, nobody really. McGee is a brain dead idiot, Blatche is only out for himself, Crawford is useless except for one out of every 10 games and everybody else basically sucks.

Too bad you couldn't give McGee a brain transplant. Even a player as stupid as Arenas would help. The fact he produces like he does, being as stupid as he is, really tells the whole story. He could be so much more impactful than he is.

I realize he is an idiot, but a 7 footer with rim protecting potential who can jump out of the gym, I don't think I would be the only one reluctant to give him up in hopes that he eventually turns into a basketball player, but I get it, how long can you wait for him.

So to answer your question, Wall and McGee probably, unless McGee was either A) getting huge RFA offers or B) someone offered me a decent piece for him. I'd probably keep Jan too, you drafted him top 5, so he is way more valuable to the Wizards than he is to any other team. Might as well hold onto him and hope he can be a good role playing 5th starter.. better than trading him for a 2nd round draft pick or something, because that is basically all he is worth right this minute.

Blatche would be the absolute first guy I would try to get rid of. Dude is an absolute cancer imo (obviously I am no expert, don't watch the Wiz often).

Edited by Check my Stats

Keep:

- Wall

- Booker

- Vesely

- Mack

- Singleton

- Crawford

Young is gone after this year, he hasn't played up to his contract demands, and rarely do you see players stay with their teams once they sign that qualifying offer.

I'm on the fence with McGee, I like his potential, but I don't know if he will ever put it all together. He's an RFA this summer, if we're unable to get him under a reasonable price, I wouldn't mind seeing him go. Ideally, I'd like to see him back because I would hate to replace him with another raw talent like Drummond or Davis.

But out Shard's contract, amnesty Blatche, draft Thomas Robinson, and this team can finally be on the right track.