Miami @ Indiana

• 2 months later...

The Heat have got this one, but I'm not sure by how big of a margin. The Heat just came out of a double-digit victory and the Pacers just came out of a double-digit loss. The Heat will be looking to keep up their play while the Pacers will be looking to improve their play.

I'm not sure what to predict from the Heat players on this game. I can imagine Wade having an improved shooting performance, Cook should continue his hot play from last game, and we'll see if Beasley will prove some consistency with that intensity he showed against the Knicks. JO is going to be facing bigger defenders against the Pacers versus what he had against the Knicks last game, so he's going to need to look to attack the rim since that turn-around fadeaway probably won't be as effective.

Again, I wish the Heat would start Dorell Wright. He'd give Danny Granger a bit of trouble defensively. Granger is going to eat Q-Rich's babies.

Edited by Poe

Bah.. Pacers caught up within 2 at the half. Hibbert got a few points in a row, the Heat's intensity started to decrease a bit, and then the Pacer's offense started clicking as the jump shooters started making shots.

Offensively, Cook has been forcing bad shots. 1-7 FG. Not a good start for him.

The Heat need more production offensively from Jermaine and Beasley. Jermaine is only 1-3 (7 points), and Beas is only 2-5 (6 points).

And Q-Rich does NOT look very good defensively today, and none of the other Heat SFs have gotten any significant playing time in the past two games.

The only players to play well individually on the offensive end are Chalmers and Wade. Wade is getting his midrange shots to fall, posting up, and finshing well at the rim. 16 points for him. Chalmers is distributing well with 4 assists.

Edited by Poe

Good win for the Heat. That's two double digit victories to start off my predicted 5 game win streak.

Jermaine was superb once again with 22 points and 12 boards. I think after a few more games like this it will be safe to say that he's officially back. :)

Beasley struggled a bit offensively, yet he grabbed 9 boards. It's good that he's finding ways to be productive without scoring 20.

Cook was awful today. 1-9 from the field plus a couple of turnovers and blocked attempts. You could see his frustration out there.

Haslem was solid again off the bench. 10 and 10 game tonight in under 30 minutes. Aparently he's taking the bench role very well. He's always had a good attitude about things.

Q-Rich hasn't played that well defensively and he's almost completely invisible on offense. His starting position needs to be replaced.

Edited by Poe