Toronto @ Memphis

• 2 months later...

The amount of fans at the game is just absolutely embarassing. The place is EMPTY.

Both teams have gotten off to a very sluggish start. Bosh has continued his poor shooting from the field as he is off to a 1-5 start. He has been aggressive on the glass though which is a great thing to see from the Raptors perspective. Bargnani is 0-3 I believe and has forced things to start the game. Turk has looked nice so far. It seems like whenever the Raptors are in a bit of a shooting slump Turkoglu comes up and buries a jumper.

I believe the score is tied up at 8 right now. It has been a very sluggish and sloppy game so far though. I still can't believe how empty the arena is though.

- Memphis' athleticism and quickness is beating the Raptors right now. The Raptors are struggling to keep up with the much more athletic Grizzlies. Hopefully they tire out a bit.

- Bosh is a monster on offense. Doing a good job on the boards too but often times he is the only one there. He needs some help on both ends of the floor.

- Bosh: 7 free throw attempts, rest of the Raptors: 3. That's not good. Bosh is the only player on the team consistently being aggressive. You have to keep going to him until he runs out of gas. Just hop on Bosh's back and hope that he can carry you to victory.

- The Raptors interior D has been poor though. Bosh is allowing his man to get deep position too often. Bargnani is just standing around looking clueless on most possessions. Not boxing out and seemingly not even paying attention.

- I like how that Rasho, Bosh, Wright, Belinelli, Jack lineup played in the 2nd quarter. Bargnani has been a zero in all regards so far today. Might want to consider playing Rasho a bit more, especially when Gasol and Randolph are both out there.

- Bargnani has been terrible. He has no points, has shot 0-5, has done nothing on the glass and is simply non-existent out there. This is the problem with Bargnani right now. When he isn't scoring, he isn't giving you anything with his limited rebounding and average defense.

- The PG play for the Raptors has been really poor through the first game and a half. Both Calderon and Jack have not been playing very well, especially Jose. Jack was getting burned by Marcus Williams and making some poor decisions on offense. Calderon has been getting burned by anyone with 2 functional legs and is looking like a damn pylon out there. His defense looks just as bad as last season.

- Bargnani has been terrible. He has no points, has shot 0-5, has done nothing on the glass and is simply non-existent out there. This is the problem with Bargnani right now. When he isn't scoring, he isn't giving you anything with his limited rebounding and average defense.

And as I say this Bargnani comes out 4-4 in the 2nd half including 2 threes. He has got 3 boards as well if I am not mistaken.

Raps up 66-63.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Main reasons for this loss:

1) Really poor interior D

2) Poor PG play

One was expected coming into this season, the other was not.

- Bosh had a great game on offense in all regards. He made his shots, got the line, passed well and got on the offensive boards. But his D tonight was not good at all. He let Gasol and Randolph get great position too often. He needs to fight for position earlier and not let these bigger players establish deep post position where they can just catch the ball and lay it up.

- Bargnani was even worse on D. Not only was he not active in any way but he was dong a lot of standing around and watching. I'm sometimes just happy to see him cradle a rebound without fumbling it. He just does not have a good understanding of defense. He has a lot of offensive talent and he is an average man defender most nights, but his rotations, help defense, rebounding, boxing out etc... is just awful for a starting NBA Center.

- The only Raptors who played a lick of defense today were Antoine Wright and Rasho. Wright negates a lot of it by being incompetent on offense. He needs to realize that when he is on the floor he is the 5th option on offense at all times (unless Amir Johnson or Reggie Evans are on the floor with him). Just play good defense and not screw up offensively. Is that too much to ask?

- Marco Belinelli should be playing more. He has been the best Raptor off of the bench. I want to see him get some more minutes as he has played very well in the first two games of the season, but hasn't been given extended minutes.

- Another solid but short outing from Derozan. He has looked a lot better than I expected him thus far. The sky is the limit for DeRozan.

- I don't get why Jose Calderon crowds opposing point guards all of the time. He must realize that he is limited physically and lacks lateral quickness, so you would think that he would back off of opposing point guards, especially ones with great quickness but a questionable jump shot like Conley. He is just embarassing defensively. People were blaming his hamstring injury for his pathetic defense last season, but he is just as bad this season at 100%. This is why I find it laughable how people try to say that Jose is a top point guard in the NBA. He is a complete liability defensively and he isn't elite offensively like somebody like Steve Nash (Nash is a better defender than Jose as well).

- Jarret Jack has sucked too. I wasn't a huge fan of the signing to begin with, but I didn't expect him to play like this. He has done nothing offensively and defensively he hasn't done anything either. He really needs to step it up.

- I wish the Raptors had someone like Marc Gasol at center. His toughness and rugged style of play would compliment Bosh's skill and finesse style of play a lot, especially on defense. I am not a fan of the Bosh/Bargnani frontcourt and have always felt that Bosh would be so much better if he was playing beside a tough, rugged center. Gasol looks like the kind of player that would be a perfect compliment to Bosh.

- The Raptors lack of athleticism will continue to hurt them. The only player in that starting lineup that you can for sure call an above-average athlete is Derozan. Bosh is a quick player, but his athleticism isn't great or anything like that and would have to be considered average by NBA standards.

Oh well, I expected the Raptors to be 1-1 after the first 2 games anyways. This loss just really hurts because it would've been great to be 3-1 before heading out West. Now the best I can see them being is 2-2 as I doubt that they will be able to beat the Magic even if Carter's ankle injury doesn't allow him to play. This was a game that is hard to see slip away from them as they really should've won. Nothing against the Grizzlies but if the Raptors want to be a legit team in the East they have to win these kinds of games. Their effort and execution in the 4th quarter simply did not cut it and is the reason why they lost.

I went to this game. Funny because I was buying tickets for 5 dollars and while I was waiting for them to print, some guy just walks up to me and my friends and gives us four $99 tickets for free.

Good game to watch last night. Marc Gasol was great again. He just works so hard on both sides and never quits. Randolph had thirty points but Bosh had a field day against him.

Thabeet didn't play a minute I don't think. Why the hell did we draft this bum who isn't good enough play one minute. Send him to the D-League or trade him while his value is still somewhat high.