Time To Trade Stephen Jackson?

Art

ARTICLE . 02.17.2012. HOOPSWORLD . TIME TO TRADE STEPHEN JACKSON

• "We don't have no relationship like I've had with other coaches and I don't expect to have one. Too much stuff has happened." HOOPSWORLD; Steve Kyler : Managing NBA Editor & Publisher
  • Considering the strained relationship and Jackson's limited playing time and productivity, it's a given the Bucks will try to unload Jackson before the March 15 trading deadline. That won't be easy, though. Jackson is being paid $9.2 million this season and is guaranteed $10 million next season. Racine Journal-Times; Gery Woelfel

Edited by Art Hues

When you’re curious, you ask questions. I was curious, so after Tuesday night’s Bucks game, when it was just the two of us in front of his locker, I asked Stephen Jackson a simple question.

“Do you still want to be here in Milwaukee?”

It was not necessarily a question out of the blue. There had been rumblings for at least a couple weeks that Jackson wasn’t the happiest of campers in Milwaukee. And since this was the first time I’d seen him since those rumblings picked up steam, I was genuinely interested in getting his thoughts.

He didn’t hesitate in answering. Or, depending on your point of view, in not answering.

“I can’t answer that,” Jackson said. “You’re trying to get me fined.”

“No, I’m not,” I assured him. “I’m just curious.”

Still calm and professional, he reiterated his stance.

“If I answer that,” Jackson said, “I’ll get fined though.”

Link

ARTICLE . 02.18.2012. HOOPSWORLD . JACKSON DOES'NT SEE A FUTURE IN MILWAUKEE

• When asked if he has a future in Milwaukee, Jackson shook his head. “Not at all,” Jackson told HOOPSWORLD. “It’s obvious, you can see that. I’m just waiting until my situation is different.
  • “It’s very difficult,” Jackson said. “I’m going from playing 38 minutes each game and being one of the top guys in minutes played over the last five years to not playing at all. It’s tough. The only thing that I can do is worry about what I can control and that’s trying to be a professional and keep supporting the young guys.
  • “I’ve worked hard for many years to be that player that guys want to play with,” Jackson said. “To not be playing, and not have any reasons behind it, it’s kind of disrespectful. At the end of the day, I’m 33 years old. I’m not a 22-year-old guy that you’re coaching. I’m a grown man who’s probably done more than a lot of people in this locker room in this league, including coaches.
  • “No, there’s really nothing you can say,” Jackson said. “There’s no excuse for it.” HOOPSWORLD; Alex Kennedy : NBA Writer