Martell Webster Media Thread

Martell Webster somehow managed to beat out McGee:

Oh, Martell. And Brad Miller's expression (at the 24-second mark of this clip) is the best, though we assume he sits and reacts like that through most Timberwolves games. Here's the team's explanation to Wolves beat writer Jerry Zgoda, working with the Minnesota Star Tribune, following the game:

"We talked about we needed a three," Adelman said. "I think he caught the ball, stole it and maybe emotions got the best of him."

Webster afterward said he was well aware of the time and situation. He said he hoped to either create a foul and three-point play or score with enough time to foul the Nuggets yet again.

"I don't know, I don't know if it was a mental thing, like I shot [a three] before that and didn't knock it down," said Webster, who missed a three with the score tied with 53 seconds left. "I just wanted to be aggressive, get to the rim, possibly get a foul. But I didn't. Most people probably would have pulled up for the three-point shot. Yeah, I can see why they would. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably pull up for a three. Why not?"

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/MWdunkTweet.jpg

This type of play has happened before, by the way. Back in the 'Jordan era', forgot who, but it did happen.

Edited by Šhãłïq

I wouldn't say this beats JaVale's bonehead move...and what's with that [expletive]ing haircut Marty...?!

:huh: JaVale immitating Usain Bolt didn't cost his team the loss. Martell could've won the game. He actually hurt his team when it mattered the most. JaVale's move didn't really make that much of a difference at the end of the day. That's why Webster's move is much worse than McGee's, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...