Source: Sheed to the Lakers

Real Deal

• Owner
ORLANDO, Fla. — There's at least one team apparently still with a need for Rasheed Wallace.

CSNNE.com has learned that the former Boston Celtic forward plans to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Wallace hasn't played in an NBA game since Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, alerting the C's shortly before the game that he planned to retire.

Although he had two years remaining on his contract, Wallace and the Celtics came to terms on a buy-out of the remaining years believed to be worth about $1 million.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Source-Rasheed-Wallace-to-sign-with-Lake?blockID=657492&feedID=3352

wut

I wonder if they have a trade lined up to bring in Howard and Turkoglu, for Gasol and Drew.

Bynum is a great player, and Gasol has been a great player for LAL, But I'd do that deal in a heart beat if I'm both teams, really.

Hell no! what are u talkin about. Bynum is going to be way better then Howard, hell he almost already is.

Uhh What? I'm sorry, just not buying the Bynum is better than Howard thing. Bynum is a terrific young player, Howard is an incredible game changer. Especially on the defensive end. Howard is a far more dominating player.

I like Bynum a lot, would love to build a team around him, but Howard is the better player, plus doesn't have the injury history (which, to be fair, you can not just ignore).

• Owner

Dwight is more efficient on the offensive end, he has been a primary option most of his career, he's BY FAR the better defensive player, carried his Magic to the NBA Finals as the superstar of his team, and he is never injured.

There's no way in hell Drew will ever be Dwight.

Dwight is more efficient on the offensive end, he's been a primary option most of his career, he's BY FAR the better defensive player, carried his Magic to the NBA Finals as the superstar of his team, and he is never injured.

There's no way in hell Drew will ever be Dwight.

Was interested to see what your take on that was. I pretty much agree. I think Bynum is a terrific young player (and at times overlooked by non-Laker fans) ...

But to say he's better than DH12, I give you:

http://nerissairving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/son.jpg

He's the number one option on a average team of course he is going to perform/score more then Bynum. Damn sure not better then him on offense though.

Edit: plus i never said he was better I said he will be better. Another thing he was damn sure not the reason Magic made it to the finals Turk played a big part in that too.

Edited by Hayes1

Yea I get what you're saying, but he is still not a pure Center. We don't need him we already doing great on the defense side, 6th overall in points allowed.

You won't win another Championship in the Kobe era unless you get DH12, you know that, right? Gasol is on the decline, Kobe has a good two years left before he starts to decline (barring any major injury), and Bynum will not carry you to a ring. He can absolutely be a major piece, though, but if you plugged DH12 in for Bynum right away, this team can ascend right to the NBA Finals THIS season.

Edit: plus i never said he was better I said he will be better.

No, he's never going to be better. Why do you think Bynum will improve that much? He's already putting up good stats.

Unless he's going to gain about 30-40 LBS in muscle and look like DH12, he's not going to be a better player. Lol.

what ever we don't need to change nothing but our PG and SF

Edit:

You won't win another Championship in the Kobe era unless you get DH12, you know that, right? Gasol is on the decline, Kobe has a good two years left before he starts to decline (barring any major injury), and Bynum will not carry you to a ring. He can absolutely be a major piece, though, but if you plugged DH12 in for Bynum right away, this team can ascend right to the NBA Finals THIS season.

Yes I understand that. That's why we get a younger sf and pg so when Kobe, pau fish leaves we can build around three young players instead of just Howard. He damn sure carried us to two rings, Kobe got us there but without bynum we don't win. That is why Bynum played hurt because that is how important he was to the team.

Edited by Hayes1