Who's Better, Paul or Rose?

Skills competition has nothing to do with actual NBA games.

And no, when you are a PG who has the ball in his hands nearly all the time, turnovers (and turnover to assist ratio) are extremely important. Paul has a pretty big edge when talking about who the more reliable ballhandler/playmaker is...and that is the case when comparing Paul to almost any other PG in the league, which is one of the reasons he is such a special player.

Sounds like you aren't aware brah.

The sole reason for his post was to make Shaliq's post look stupid than to say Rose > Paul.

Skills competition has nothing to do with actual NBA games.

Neither do all-star games, lol

And no, when you are a PG who has the ball in his hands nearly all the time, turnovers (and turnover to assist ratio) are extremely important. Paul has a pretty big edge when talking about who the more reliable ballhandler/playmaker is...and that is the case when comparing Paul to almost any other PG in the league, which is one of the reasons he is such a special player.

You are thinking that I'm arguing something that I'm not.

The statement was "Paul turns it over less, and his team won the all-star game.. he is better". That is not an argument that holds up. That is like saying that Melo is better than Durant because he averages more rebounds and his summer league team beat Durant's. It's not substantial. It's arguing two factors (one meaningless) out of many.

Anything positive you have to say about Paul, I agree with. He's fantastic. That's not what I'm contesting.

This is such a compelling argument.. (..) and a 0.4 per game difference in turnovers.

Like Nitro said, that is a compelling argument indeed: Rose averages 3 assists less per game (career-wise) and Rose turns the ball over too much. 0.4 is still 0.4 - nobody said it won't be close.

Yes, but it's just as vapid of an argument as merely saying that Rose averages more blocks per game and won a skills competition once.

http://i41.tinypic.com/14aenaq.jpg

To me this conversation's pretty much over like the ASG right after Blake's FT with 1.1 to go.

Edited by Šhãłïq
  • Like 1

Like Nitro said, that is a compelling argument indeed: Rose averages 3 assists less per game (career-wise) and Rose turns the ball over too much. 0.4 is still 0.4 - nobody said it won't be close.

Majority of your argument was that he led his team to an all-star victory.

TO's are important. But TO's + ASG being your argument for a player being better just doesn't work. There's too much more that goes into it.

To me this conversation's pretty much over like the ASG right after Blake's FT with 1.1 to go.

LOL so you split some free throws in a pressure free environment? If it's over, don't respond :)

Majority of your argument was that he led his team to an all-star victory.

'Majority'?! :lol: Don't think so.

THE QUESTION IS:

LOL so you split some free throws in a pressure free environment? If it's over, don't respond :)

I said it was 'pretty much over' (feel free to review my previous post).

Aand, Wade misses the three-pointer as time expires.... *buzzer*.

It's now all over. ;)

Edited by Šhãłïq
  • Like 1

• Owner

CP3, only because of his defense. I won't dive into their offensive games, because they are two different players. CP3's passing makes up for what he doesn't match up to in scoring numbers and drawing defensive attention (although he's still a very solid scoring threat on the court), but defensively, CP3 is up there with Rondo and _erek Fisher.

^ I didn't really bother unignoring that comment to read it. When Kobe hit only one of his last two FTs last night - was that a 'majority'?! :huh: CP3 being on the winning side was only one of two arguments. One out of two is NOT a majority. Ain't no 'majority' here... Unless, you don't really know what 'majority' means. So I'll be as educated and as clear as I can:

"A majority is a subset of a group consisting of more than half of its members." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority

In other words, majority = more than 50%. I repeat: One out of two is NOT considered 'majority'.

I could go on and waste my time have fun with your posts for weeks but this ain't going anywhere.

[insert "Vince Carter's 2000 Slam Dunk Contest: "It's over!" GIF here]

• Like 1

^ I didn't really bother unignoring that comment to read it. When Kobe hit only one of his last two FTs last night - was that a 'majority'?! :huh:

No, taking 2 shots and missing 1 is not a majority.

CP3 being on the winning side was only one of two arguments. One out of two is NOT a majority. Ain't no 'majority' here... Unless, you don't really know what 'majority' means. So I'll be as educated and as clear as I can:

In other words, majority = more than 50%. I repeat: One out of two is NOT considered 'majority'.

ma·jor·i·ty

1. the greater part or number

107 total words. 76 words dedicated to the all-star game performance. 71% of your post was dedicated to the exhibition game. That is a majority. Spin it however you want.

I could go on and waste my time have fun with your posts for weeks but this ain't going anywhere.

[insert "Vince Carter's 2000 Slam Dunk Contest: "It's over!" GIF here]

You keep saying "it's over" and inserting all-star game related "burn" endings, and then responding.. pick a side of the fence and stay there.

There's difference of opinion here, man. You think Rose is better than Paul, and I think it's the other way around. Simple as that.

Right-o, but that's not what I've been saying. It's w/e though, you're not picking up what I'm putting down and being defensive

To RD and the Staff:

Has this guy heard of difference of opinion? :huh:

lol, because you haven't been responding with just as much fervor

• Like 1