Orlando @ Toronto

• 2 months later...

Is Vince still injured?

Raptors should win considering they have length to defend to big Magic players. Also because Hedo should want to kill them.

The Raptors might have length, but they don't know how to use that length in order to actually defend. It is pretty laughable, imo, to consider that the Raptors should be the favourites in this game.

The Magic are a terrible matchup for the Raptors because of their ability to space the floor along with having a dominant big man down low in Dwight Howard. One of the Raptors biggest weaknesses over the past few years has been the inability to close out on shooters and contest jumpers. The Magic are moving the ball quicker than the Raptors are able to rotate their defenses. They do a good job at using the initial double team but they aren't able to revover fast enough to contest the shots. They have been getting burned all game long so far on dribble penetration and kickouts.

You know that you are a terrible defensive team when you are shooting above 50% yet you are still down by 17 lol. Good offensive teams are going to pick the Raptors apart all season long.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I think there is a typo on the boxscore.

It says JJ Redick already has 25 points.

Thats what happens when you play the Toronto Raptors. Scrubs look like stars when they play against this "defense".

The Raptors need to keep on feeding Bargnani. Milk his hot hand right now. Bosh did a nice job in the first half keeping the Raptors afloat, but he looks to be fading offensively.

God damnit. You would think that after the first 15 3's that the Magic have hit you would cover the damn 3 point line.

As a Raptor fan you have got to love the intensity that Bosh is playing with now. He is leaving it all on the floor and getting right in Howard's face on offense and defense despite his obvious physical disadvantages (defensively).

After a terrible start to this game, this has actually been a very entertaining game.

Good move on Triano for keeping Jack on the floor rather than re-inserting Calderon when he has struggled all night.

Rebounding has put the nail in the Raptors coffin. They did everything right and got two key defensive stops, but both times the Magic ended up getting the offensive board. They started that final posession with 1:30 left, and it just ended up 30 seconds left on the clock.

The Raptors didn't deserve this game though, despite their effort in the 2nd half. Whenever you allow 36 points in the first quarter, dig yourself a 22 point hole and give up 125 points, it just makes it virtually impossible for you to get back into the game, especially against a great team like Orlando. Good job from the Magic bending, but not breaking whenever the Raptors went on a run. You knew that the Raptors would put together some runs, especially with the offensive talent that they have on their roster, but the Magic did a great job of not breaking whenever the Raptors went on a run.

- Chris Bosh had another great game today. 35/16. He struggled a bit from the line and missed some shots that he would normally make but you simply cannot put any of the blame on him. He played good, aggressive basketball offensively and he actually played pretty well defensively. He gave up too many open looks to Ryan Anderson out on the perimeter and gave up some good post position a little too easily, but his defense was definitely better than Friday against the Grizzlies.

- Andrea Bargnani needs to develop some consistency. It is no coincidence that when he plays well the Raptors are a dangerous team (first game against the Cavs and the 2nd half today) but when he is completely nonexistent for extended periods of time during the course of a game, it hurts the Raptors. He needs to find a way to still have an impact on the game when his shot isn't falling. His lack of rebounding really hurt today. It seemed like whenever Bosh was drawn out of the paint the Raptors would give up an offensive rebound. Bargs absolutely has to improve his rebounding for the Raptors to take the next step. His play in the fourth quarter, offensively at least, was fantastic though. When he gets in a zone he is a very dangerous player.

- Jose Calderon continues to be absolutely worthless. I knew that he was a terrible defensive player but I could live with it because of what he can do offensively. However, in the Raptors first 3 games he has done nothing offensively and when he isn't contributing offensively he is a liability on the floor. He is making terrible decisions with the ball, his shot looks like it did when he was a rookie, he is missing free throws and he is not being efficient at all. Everything that was considered a strength for him has been a weakness so far this season. At this point in time I would rather see Marcus Banks play over Calderon. At least Banks can play decent on ball defense. Calderon really needs to pick it up.

- Turkoglu had a quiet but solid game. He did a great job in the 3rd quarter knocking down shots and making smart decisions. He took some questionable shots and made some questionable decisions, but all in all I liked what I saw from him. He looks like he is getting comfortable playing with the Raptors and has improved each game so far. He obviously still has some kinks that he needs to work out and some flaws that he needs to correct, but I liked what I saw from him for the most part. He didn't have a great game by any means, but he definitely did some good things.

- The Raptors really need to work on closing out on shooters though. They are absolutely dreadful at rotating over to the open man and just leave shooters open on the perimeter way too often. You know that you are terrible at covering 3 point shooters when JJ Redick drops a career high 27 points on you, Ryan Anderson drops 20+ off of mostly 3's and Jameer Nelson drops nearly 30 points as well. They did pick it up as the game went on but still had too many defensive lapses.

- What was up with Marco Belinelli only getting 4 minutes today? He has been one of the better Raptors off of the bench so far this season but he just hasn't been given any sort of minutes to develop any sort of consistency. I can understand not putting him on the floor if you are trying to defend a lead but when you need offense and are trying to come back his shooting and offensive ability would be a very welcome thing. He isn't even a bad defender either. I don't understand why he was given only 4 minutes.

- Antoine Wright had a solid game today. It seemed like whenever he was on the floor the Raptors went on a bit of a run. Taking him off of the floor in the 4th quarter and putting Calderon back into the game was a terrible decision on Triano's behalf, imo. He took some ill advised shoots offensively and made some poor decisions, but all in all I liked the way that he played today.

- The Raptors need to find a way to keep up their defensive intensity. Whenever the Raptors went on runs and closed the gap it was because they generated offense from their defense. They caused some turnovers which enabled them to get out and run and just played with a great intensity defensively. I know that the Raptors aren't a good defensive team at all but the way that they started the game today on the defensive end was inexcusable. Even if you lack defensive talent, playing with absolutely no pride or heart defensively is unacceptable.

Going into this game if you would've told me that the Raptors would shot 54% from the field, make 10 3's, hold the Magic to 43% shooting and outrebound the Magic I would've predicted that the Raptors would come away with a faily easy victory. The 3 point shooting and inability to grab key defensive rebounds killed the Raptors today.

• Like 4