Ainge: I anticipate Rondo being here for long time

Art

ARTICLE . 03.02.2012. BOSTON HERALD . I ANTICIPATE RONDO BEING HERE FOR A LONG TIME

• Danny Ainge: “I anticipate him being here for a long time,” the Celtics [team stats] president said when asked about Rondo’s immediate future. Mark Murphy . BOSTON HERALD
  • C's source, pushing back on Rondo trade rumors: "Teams want him? That's great. He's not going anywhere." David Aldridge . Twitter
  • Danny Ainge: "I do not make comments on trade rumors because it never ends," he told the Globe this afternoon. "Rondo's been our best player." Gary Washburn . Boston Globe
  • Doc Rivers: "My relationship with Rajon is as strong as it has ever been. Our communication has never been better. I want him here." Chris Forsberg . ESPN Boston

• Owner

The Lakers said the same thing about Pau Gasol before the CP3 trade. I never believe any of this.

Unless you're a superstar or a potential superstar, you can be traded (and even superstars can fall in the same boat).

I honestly feel like Rondo is the kind of player who is more valuable to the team he is on, than the team he would be going to. For that reason I picture him as a very difficult player to trade, because to be competitive with him, you need a lot of other really good pieces in place already, and the Celtics are going to want a shit load for him because he's an all-star.