East Playoffs Set Already?

The seeding may change, but is it safe to say that the Eastern Conference playoff teams are already established?

Chicago

Miami

Indiana

Orlando

Atlanta

Philly

Boston

New York

Does anybody see any of these teams falling out? Teams like MIlwaukee and Cleveland looked like they could threaten for a spot earlier in the season, but both of them have fallen off a cliff and have gone 2-8 and 3-7 respectively in their last 10.

Of course, it shouldn't really surprise anybody since about 99% of people predicted that these 8 teams would be in this season.

Cavs are hitting the rough spot in there schedule now, also the loss of Andy Varejao has hurt them quite a bit.. so it's definitely set for now.

It's sad but true. This isn't just the fan in me, but the Cavs would be in this race if Andy was healthy.

As it stands, he isn't. The Bucks could catch fire, but it seems unlikely. So unless the Nets get Dwight, it looks like the 8 teams are set. The Bulls and Heat will fight for the one seed. The other 6 teams could finish in any order. Any one of those teams could get on a roll and move up the standings.

Very excited for the playoffs.

Boston looks a lot better, which has completely [expletive]ed the Knicks, because the Knicks had a great chance to get out of the first round if they were at 6 or better. But if they have to play Miami or Chicago in the first round....especially Miami, it's over and I'm not sure they win a game.

Boston looks a lot better? They played their best players the whole game yesterday and almost lost at home despite us having 20-something turnovers and having a terrible third quarter, and they need a Paul Pierce 3 to still force OT. Oh yeah and lets not forget 17 rebounds from their PG. Boston looks awful.

Since making this thread the Knicks have lost 4 in a row, Cleveland has gone 3-1 including winning 3 straight and Milwaukee has also gone 3-1 with the one loss coming by 2 against the Bulls.

Both the Cavs and Bucks are just a game back of the Knicks for the 8th playoff spot.

Hell, Detroit is only 3 games back of the Knicks, although they are a terrible road team (3-15) and 9 of their next 10 games on the road and the one home game is against the Heat, so I think we can count them out.

So is it really that safe to assume that the playoffs are set already or do either one of the Cavs or Bucks have what it takes to knock out the Knicks?

I think MIL or NY is taking the 8th spot

I think it could be any of those 3 teams could make it at the 8 spot really. I have liked the way the Cavs have played though recently. Irving, Jamison, Thompson and even Ramon Sessions has been pretty good. Maybe even Varejao? I don't really know how he's been.

He's been hurt Lol...

Idk, Cavs are obviously not out of it...but I still think Bucks and Knicks have better chance. I actually like Milwaukee's chances best. Hoping they trade away Brandon Jennings though lol.

He's been hurt Lol...

Idk, Cavs are obviously not out of it...but I still think Bucks and Knicks have better chance. I actually like Milwaukee's chances best. Hoping they trade away Brandon Jennings though lol.

Shit thats why i hadn't heard anything about him in awhile. My bad.

IMO though, I still think NYK make the 8th seed over the Cavs and Bucks. But i just have a feeling that Cleveland could really pull through and nab that 8th seed.