Skins nab Rams 2nd overall pick

SRT Spidey

for THREE first rounders

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/897/812/RG3_display_image.jpg?1329374650

In a pre-draft blockbuster trade, the St. Louis Rams have agreed in principle to send the second overall pick in this year's draft to the Washington Redskins for three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick, according to a source in Cleveland familiar with the terms of the deal.

The trade, first reported by FoxSports.com, cannot be signed off on, turned in and processed until the new league year starts Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST, but it is expected to become official then.

In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins' No. 6 overall pick, as well as the Redskins' first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams will also receive Washington's second-round pick this year in return for the second overall pick that the Redskins now will use on whichever quarterback the Indianapolis Colts do not draft No. 1 overall.

There is a widespread expectation that Indianapolis will make Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck the No. 1 pick and then Washington would follow by selecting Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The Cleveland Browns had stepped up their efforts to try to acquire the No. 2 pick in recent days, going so far as to offer at least three No. 1 picks to the Rams and possibly even the second-round pick, according to one source familiar with the deal. Cleveland sensed it was going to get the deal done, only to be informed that St. Louis planned to deal the coveted No. 2 pick to the Redskins.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7668243/source-washington-redskins-acquire-no-2-overall-pick-st-louis-rams

:o

sucks for the browns, definetly thought they were gonna move up and get their guy but the skins look like there in despearation mode..gusty trade to say the least.

Edited by Yolo

Great move for Washington. You build an entire franchise around a quarterback, and they now have theirs for the next decade (if they build correctly).

From what I've heard, RG3 is the best quarterback prospect in a while (not named Luck).. and there won't be another one for a few years. Good work by the Skins, as much as I hate to admit it. They have a cornerstone.

Great move for Washington. You build an entire franchise around a quarterback, and they now have theirs for the next decade (if they build correctly).

From what I've heard, RG3 is the best quarterback prospect in a while (not named Luck).. and there won't be another one for a few years. Good work by the Skins, as much as I hate to admit it. They have a cornerstone.

I dont know bro.. Redskins better pray to heaven he is that GOOD because if he is a bust they are stupid for trading 3 1st round picks.... I don't think he gonna live up to the hype

Any Giants, Eagles, and Skins fans should say thanks to the Redskins.

Team has way too many wholes to be giving up a crazy amount of picks like that.

I'm just real skeptical when it comes to the draft. Just because guys like Ryan Leaf, Dante Culpepper, and Akili Smirh have stood on that stage in the past.

Any Giants, Eagles, and Skins fans should say thanks to the Redskins.

Team has way too many wholes to be giving up a crazy amount of picks like that.

I'm just real skeptical when it comes to the draft. Just because guys like Ryan Leaf, Dante Culpepper, and Akili Smirh have stood on that stage in the past.

It sure would suck to have a three-time pro-bowler and two time all-pro player on your team......

Injuries are what derailed him.

After sitting on it for a bit, I think it is actually good for the Skins.

Was typically bitter due to them being a rival of some sort but they really struggle to make any right decisions year in and year out.

At least they now have a QB and a major position not to worry about.