Ricky Rubio out for the season

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: Minnesota's Ricky Rubio has a torn ACL, will miss rest of NBA season and 2012 Olympics. tinyurl.com/6vt63u9

Wow tough news for the Wolves, they just grabbed the 8th seed a few days ago.

No no no no :(

After ACL reconstruction in 27 basketball players, 22% did not return to a sanctioned NBA game. For those returning to play, performance decreased by more than 1 PER point in 44% of the patients, although the changes were not statistically significant relative to the comparison group.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19664500

Yeah that's wack mayne.he was fun to watch, i was hoping to see them in the playoffs. o well hope he gets healthy for next year

Edited by JYD

Damn that's bad news for the T'Wolves and it might be good news for the Rockets since the T'Wolves were looking like they were playoff bound and could possibly knock us out. Well at least the T'Wolves will have something to look forward to next season and they will be a year better.

Damn that's bad news for the T'Wolves and it might be good news for the Rockets since the T'Wolves were looking like they were playoff bound and could possibly knock us out. Well at least the T'Wolves will have something to look forward to next season and they will be a year better.

There's still quite a few games left, I still think the Rockets can pick it up since trade deadline isn't even over.

I knew when Ricky came to the NBA he was going to be great, and I was excited to watch him play, he was one of the reasons I wanted the lockout to end so I can finally watch him play, hell even when he was still in Spain after he got drafted by Minn, took him a while to come here but glad he did come. A lot of people doubted him, but I knew he was going to be something special when he came to the NBA . I hope Ricky has a speedy and successful recovery.

• 5 weeks later...

Rubio unsure if he'll be ready for training camp:

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The wide smile still flashed on Ricky Rubio's face, quicker than one of his slick no-look passes in the lane. Yes, the prodigious Minnesota Timberwolves point guard sighed a few times during his first public comments about the torn anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his left knee that cut short his promising rookie year. He acknowledged feeling ''sad, mad'' immediately after the injury. The crutches he used to reach the podium will be at his side for another month. He said he's unsure if he'll be recovered in time to take part in training camp or the start of next season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rubio-unsure-hell-ready-training-201326912--nba.html;_ylt=AvgugPaNTFqTAZC50fckSvi8vLYF