Miami @ Washington

• 2 months later...

Heat should win? I'm gonna go with the Wizards. I say Gilbert and co redeem themselves a little after blowing a 20+ point lead to the Cavs last night.

The Heat also blew a lead last night. Both teams will be looking to adjust.

The Heat are a different team than the Cavs, anyway. At this early point in the season, the Heat have more chemistry. Although the Cavs are more dangerous, I think the Heat will prove to be tougher to beat, at least for now.

I am a bit concerned about Jermaine and his broken nose, though. He refuses to wear a mask, and he was much less physical than usual, only grabbing 2 rebounds. Hopefully he'll bounce back tonight, his inside presence is valuable.

Of course we blow the lead. This is why Wade can't rest at at any point in the game unless its late and we lead by a lot. We were up by about 20 in the 2nd, we benched Wade and since then they were within 8 points.

Edited by SRV

The refs seemed solid in the game against Phoenix, but a lot of questionable calls tonight...

It's fun to watch a guy score a lot of points, but I'd rather not have Wade play an entire half just to make sure the Heat get the win, especially this early in a long 82 game season. The role players need to step up, especially O'Neal and Beasley. They need to bring more energy if the Heat are going to get back to the pace they were in the first 2 games of the season.

Also, Dorell has been pretty solid defensively so far for the Heat, but all other aspects of his game have not nearly been as good as I would expect from him. He needs to be more aggressive with the ball in his hands on offense, and he has yet to grab more than 2 rebounds in his limited minutes. He needs to produce a lot more if he expects to keep his playing time when Cook gets back. I know he's capable of becoming a big part of this team.

Q-Rich has impressed me the past couple of games. He's done a good job stepping up and hitting on his looks when Wade and JO are getting extra attention. He's also done a tremendous job on the boards, almost getting two double-doubles in a row. At the same time he's been stepping up and guarding the best players on the opposing teams (Nash and Arenas), but by no means has he slowed them down at all.

Not the best performance by Washington so far this season. Gilbert and Caron played great as expected, but Blatche made a lot of poor shot selections, Haywood made a lot of poor decisions as well, and Stevenson continued to disappoint us with his poor shooting and inability to help the team when it counts. I wish Gilbert looked to pass more than take some of those tough 3 pointers. He played much more efficiently against the Nets, but all in all he had a decent game. I hope Mike Miller's injury isn't too serious... it was originally diagnosed as a minor left shoulder sprain, but he fell on it again after continuing to play and it looks like it might be more serious now.

• Owner

Yeah man, I think Miller screwed up. He shouldn't have kept playing. That could be the difference between missing 1-2 games and 2-3 weeks or more.

Why haven't you guys tossed Stevenson aside yet? That dude sucks. He was never good defensively, and all he does is hit wide open shots (and now, he can't even do that). You have enough talent in your backcourt to get rid of him now.

Mike Miller...Could not believe him. Hits the left handed layup as he crashes to the floor, sinks the free throw on a clearly hurt shoulder, and then proceeds to get a dime before leaving the game. It was said on ESPN (or NBA.com, forgot which) that he'll be out 7-10 days.

Yeah man, I think Miller screwed up. He shouldn't have kept playing. That could be the difference between missing 1-2 games and 2-3 weeks or more.

Why haven't you guys tossed Stevenson aside yet? That dude sucks. He was never good defensively, and all he does is hit wide open shots (and now, he can't even do that). You have enough talent in your backcourt to get rid of him now.

I agree, there is a fine line between being tough and being stupid. Mike Miller is as tough as they come, but I really think he should have just sat out the rest of the game after the first injury. His continued play may have just cost him an extra 4 games watching from the bench in street clothes.

And believe me, I would love nothing more than to have Stevenson waived/traded. His defense has always been overrated, but this year, it's just awful. Plus he can't even hit open shots, let alone free throws. Our backcourt talent is decent enough where we don't need a guy like him, and he would never assume the role as a reserve so I am all for trading or dumping him.

Hopefully we'll have better luck against the Pacers, because the last few minutes of this game were painful.