Raptors Trade Barbosa to Indiana for 2nd Round Pick

Curse you, I was just on my way to post.. anyways, Aldridge says it's a 2nd rounder

David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt

Source confirms @SpearsNBAYahoo report that Pacers will acquire Leandro Barbosa from Toronto. Source says Raptors will get a second-rounder.

Yeah, Spears is reporting that it is a 2nd as well.

I don't really care about the return. I'm just happy that Barbosa is gone as it solidifies the Raptors tank during the home stretch. Their offense is going to take a huge hit without his scoring punch.

I was hoping they could potentially get a late 1st out of a team like Chicago for him, but I never really expected that.

Sam Amick ‏ @sam_amick

Source confirms @SpearsNBAYahoo report: Indiana has acquired Leandro Barbosa for 2nd round pick. Anthony Carter likely going to Pacers too

Also, keep in mind Toronto is going to get a $7.6M TPE that expires around next years deadline out of this as well, so it isn't just a late 2nd round pick.

Could be a valuable chip next year for Toronto.

EDIT: Actually, I think I might be wrong. Since Toronto is under the cap they shouldn't get a TPE, unless something changed in the new CBA.

I'm going to miss Barbosa.. He's one of those guys that every team needs off their bench, instant offensive punch. He could bring us back into games with his high energy and timely threes. Unfortunately we are at a time when we don't want to win per say and Barbosa is just taking opportunities away from other players who are here long term (Ed Davis). Best of luck to Barbosa with the Pacers.

Gary Forbes is probably jumping for joy right now.

Dude probably came to the team thinking he would get some legitimate burn but has been glued to the bench for the most part. Now with Calderon hurt and Barbosa dealt, he is going to get some consistent minutes for the next few games.

Oh yeah, Raptors also got cash from Indy.

Cash actually holds some decent value with the new CBA because IIRC teams only get $3 million to use throughout the entire season. Depending on how much cash the Raptors pick up I could see them in the market for adding a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft, possibly even a very late first rounder if they add something else to a deal.

Just throwing that out there.

Cash actually holds some decent value with the new CBA because IIRC teams only get $3 million to use throughout the entire season. Depending on how much cash the Raptors pick up I could see them in the market for adding a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft, possibly even a very late first rounder if they add something else to a deal.

Just throwing that out there.

I doubt they go after another 2nd.

A more likely scenario is they try to package Indy's 2nd, their own 2nd and cash to move into the 1st round to try and grab a point guard.

Purely my own opinion here, but I think Kabongo would be the target, assuming he declares.

I doubt they go after another 2nd.

A more likely scenario is they try to package Indy's 2nd, their own 2nd and cash to move into the 1st round to try and grab a point guard.

Purely my own opinion here, but I think Kabongo would be the target, assuming he declares.

Thats exactly what i thought when i heard this.

Edited by DemarDerozanDunk