Which Lineup Would You Prefer?

Assuming this:

The Warriors could have traded Brandon Rush, Kwame Brown and a second round pick to the Hornets for Chris Kaman, according to Ric Bucher while on KNBR Radio.

Golden State could have then had a chance to evaluate how Kaman played with a core of Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry and David Lee.

The Warriors instead traded Monta Ellis in a deal for Andrew Bogut.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219855/Warriors_Could_Have_Dealt_Rush_Kwame_For_Kaman#ixzz1pMIjeXiL

is true, which would you prefer?

C: Kaman

PF: Lee

SF: Wright

SG: Ellis

PG: Curry

with Robinson, Thompson, Biedrins, Udoh as primary reserves

or

C: Bogut

PF: Lee

SF: Jefferson/Wright

SG: Thompson

PG: Curry

with Jefferson/Wright, Robinson, Rush, Biedrins as primary reserves

???

The Warriors also have a Spurs 1st in the 2nd scenario, if that makes any difference.

• Owner

I would have went with the Kaman trade, for more reasons than just losing Monta. Nobody knows if Bogut will ever be healthy, and I just realized that Bogut's contract is actually larger than Ellis' deal, same in years but larger in pay (and that's assuming Ellis takes his PO).

I know the Warriors want Klay to start, but do that trade and then deal Monta Ellis in the summer, for something better.

Strictly lineups, I like the first one. It's easy for me.

The problem with this idea is that the New Orleans Hornets would never trade Chris Kaman for Kwame Brown and Brandon Rush.

Edited by Art Hues

^ I don't see why not. The Hornets dangled Kaman, but couldn't get a first-round pick like they hope to. In the potential trade posted by BFT, they get Brandon Rush, who has been playing well, and a second-round pick. Kwame is just there because he has an expiring contract and so the salaries are somewhat even.

^ I don't see why not. The Hornets dangled Kaman, but couldn't get a first-round pick like they hope to. In the potential trade posted by BFT, they get Brandon Rush, who has been playing well, and a second-round pick. Kwame is just there because he has an expiring contract and so the salaries are somewhat even.

Talks around New Orleans are that the New Orleans Hornets want to either trade Chris Kaman on draft night or resign him long term. Take into consideration the Hornets draft pick, the Minnesota Timberwolves pick paired with Kaman and he could fetch a pretty penny.

Chris is averaging 13 points and eight rebounds on a depleted New Orleans roster that has been basically going through him all year. His production is the reason why contending teams like the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat are interested in him.

In this upcoming NBA draft there are a lot of options; pair the potential of drafting one of those guys to play alongside Kaman on the Hornets, or on the contending team that he and one of those picks are traded to, and that teams front court looks majorly improved.

With a NBA Commissioner like David Stern I am very interested to see how all of this pans out. :)

Edited by Art Hues