Rockets buy out Fisher

He won't retire...not just yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see him head to San Antonio even after they locked Patty Mills up with a two-year deal. Granted, that does make it a bit less likely, but if that's not the case, then Orlando makes a lot of sense. Currently, they're trying to rock with Chris Duhon playing a decent amount of minutes, and while Fisher isn't exactly a great pickup at this point in his career, I'd rather have him out on the court than Duhon. Also, that might be an interesting pickup to make Dwight Howard more happy.

• Owner

Fisher can't be a Laker until July.

You can at least mark Boston off the list. Even if they didn't have a PG, and they were offering Fisher the MLE, he wouldn't accept.

The idea for most teams would be to bring him in for leadership and helping their younger guard develop. A team like Cleveland could use him. Irving is a baller, but regardless, a player like him needs a guy like Fish, to prevent what COULD happen down the road (Irving reading into his numbers too much and becoming selfish).

I know people are saying Miami, but what for? Chalmers and Cole are going to eat up every minute at the position...and Cole probably feels he's not getting enough burn already. Fisher would be tagging along, barely playing, and basically giving up as a leader (not a guy in the Miami trio would care what Fisher has to say).

I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and stay in the area, though. I'm just not sure where. While he's an intelligent player and can offer to mentor the younger guys...well, he's also a liability most of the time he's in the game, aside from the last minute. One of the main reasons LA needed Fisher's game-winners was actually because of Fisher's play through the first 3 1/2 quarters.

Fisher can't be a Laker until July.

You can at least mark Boston off the list. Even if they didn't have a PG, and they were offering Fisher the MLE, he wouldn't accept.

(...)

That's how much the Lakers-Celtics rivalry means to him. :rock:

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ