Diaw to San Antonio Likely

The San Antonio Spurs have emerged as frontrunners to sign forward Boris Diaw should he clear waivers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Diaw, 29, is a versatile, passing forward who fell out of favor with Bobcats coach Paul Silas this season. Despite Diaw starting 28 games for Charlotte, Silas was frustrated with Diaw’s unwillingness to be more aggressive in trying to score. Diaw’s fitness issues have dogged him throughout his career, but he’s still shown an ability to be a productive offensive player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_boris_diaw_spurs_bobcats_waivers032112

I actually really like the fit between Diaw and San Antonio. Charlotte wanted him to be more of a scorer but that simply isn't his game. He is a facillitator and with guys like Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Jackson, he won't be relied on to score the ball and can play the role that he does best.

I can't see him going to Boston. Unless he is claimed off of waivers, I see no reason why he wouldn't come to the Spurs. He is best friends with Tony, and Spurs need a big. Plus he has the opportunity to steal Blair's starting job.

Like BFT said I think Diaw will be a great fit for SA. Decent defender if motivated, above average passer, has some offensive game and can stretch the floor (Pop loves that). Plus he would be playing for a team that is going to the PO and can compete in the WC.

Spurs can be a scary deep team with Diaw.

Parker/Neal/Mills

Green/Manu/Neal

Jackson/Leonard

Diaw/Blair/Bonner

Duncan/Splitter