Del Negro: How Much Longer Does He Have?

Many people believed he was the wrong coach for this team at the beginning of the season and now that the Clippers are playing very underwhelming basketball after a strong start, there are even more people wondering how much longer he has. The firing/re-signing of D'Antoni sparked even more speculation about his job secruity.

So how much longer does he have? Was the loss to the lowly Hornets tonight the final straw?

He definitely hasn't been getting the desired results out of this team that was supposedly going to be one of, if not the best team in the NBA. They're struggling, and with the recent success of coaching changes in the league, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

The Clippers need a low post threat, a legitimate number two scorer, and to play better defense.

Edited by Art Hues

I think his job is safe for the most part as they are gonna make the playoffs and are only a couple games behind the division leading Lakers. Clipper situation is completely different from what was happening in New York, biggest one being the Knicks were gonna miss the playoffs.

We’re still behind him," Blake Griffin said after he scored 21 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and was roughed up by Jason Smith, who was ejected from the game after he committed a flagrant foul 2 on the Clippers’ All-Star.

"It’s not that. It’s us. It’s on me. I’ve got to find a way and we’ve got to find a way to put the fun back in it, the fun we had the first how many games and we were just going out and playing."

Clippers defend coach

Donald Sterling gives his support to Clippers coach:

Owner expresses satisfaction with Del Negro and sees no reason to make a change

Clippers owner Donald Sterling said before the team's Monday night game against the New Orleans Hornets that he hasn't given any thought to making a coaching change. And he sees no reason why Vinny Del Negro won't be the team's coach for the remainder of the season.

"I like him," said Sterling. "I usually follow the advice of my people, and I think they care for him, like him and want him to succeed. And I think he will."

An Internet report that suggested Del Negro "has lost the team" and players no longer "want to play hard for him" sparked speculation the coach was another loss or two from being fired.

"I don't know where all these stories are coming from; nobody talked to me," Sterling said. "Everything is good.

Full Story