Oklahoma City @ Houston

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Houston could struggle. The Thunder are essentially a bunch of guards and small forwards packed into a starting five, the way they play, and that takes Chuck Hayes out of this game as a defensive player. The problem with that, though, is that the Houston frontcourt (namely Scola and Landry) should be able to have their way tonight.

I wouldn't be worried about Durant, though, as much as I would be about Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook. Both of those guys are going to attack the rim. If Durant was smart, he would drive in with Battier on him, but I'm not sure if that's going to be the case.

Houston could struggle. The Thunder are essentially a bunch of guards and small forwards packed into a starting five, the way they play, and that takes Chuck Hayes out of this game as a defensive player. The problem with that, though, is that the Houston frontcourt (namely Scola and Landry) should be able to have their way tonight.

I wouldn't be worried about Durant, though, as much as I would be about Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook. Both of those guys are going to attack the rim. If Durant was smart, he would drive in with Battier on him, but I'm not sure if that's going to be the case.

Houston has always owned the thunder, screw matchups, we own the Thunder.

I'd say Houston and Oklahoma are quite on the same level.

You can't expect to lock down Durant and expect to win anymore. Jeff Green has really come out on his own, able to score 20+ and his size is going to be troublesome. I'm not feeling too confident about Brooks matching up with Westbrook, and who knows, James Harden might have a break out night against us.

If we're going to win this game, we need to attack the basket and our guards have to hit their shots.

You almost lost to them back in January (won by two), and it was Durant and Westbrook that had pretty good games.

Not to mention we had Yao, T-Mac, and Ron back then too. Westbrook and Green are all a year better as well.

• Owner

And we almost beat you guys 2 days ago, doesnt mean anything, we still lost.

Point is, you didn't own them every game...and the Thunder are now a better team, and Houston is without Yao and a healthy McGrady.

Point is, you didn't own them every game...and the Thunder are now a better team, and Houston is without Yao and a healthy McGrady.

Thunder are a better team? As in from last year or better than us? Houston doesnt need superstars to win, we have good role players. We are actually like the Pistons in a way.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

^^ u guys do need a go to guy after. watching Lakers Houston ur team did struggle by that i mean passing up open shots in the final minutes etc..

green will manhandle scola

brook vs brooks will be a good matchup

thunder win 96-87

Go to guy? We have tons of role players who step up. Brooks could be a go to guy in the clutch.

scola was passing open shots, somes guys looked hesitant. and can u trust brooks night in night out, back to back games or will ariza get the ball on some nights?

but at the same time if u put in a go to guy u probably dont have the team you do now

Edited by MoeRoadKill

scola was passing open shots, somes guys looked hesitant. and can u trust brooks night in night out, back to back games or will ariza get the ball on some nights?

but at the same time if u put in a go to guy u probably dont have the team you do now

The Pistons didnt have a go to guy, they just had guys who hit open shots and thats what helped them in clutch situations, they did it as a team, not as a one-man wrecking crew like the Lakers do it where they pass Kobe the ball EVERYTIME. Kobe takes on an entire team in the clutch, its pretty annoying haah.