Jeremy Lin to have meniscus surgery

Awesome. Link in a bit.

EDIT: Link to story: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7759848/jeremy-lin-new-york-knicks-surgery-torn-meniscus

NEW YORK -- Jeremy Lin will have left knee surgery next week and will miss six weeks, likely ending his amazing breakthrough season.

The New York Knicks said Saturday their point guard had an MRI exam this week that revealed a small, chronic meniscus tear.

With the regular season ending April 26, the biggest story in basketball this season is probably done regardless of whether the Knicks make the playoffs.

News of Jeremy Lin's surgery means Linsanity is officially over and the Knicks are back where they started, Christopher Hunt writes. Blog

He was barely holding on to a place in the NBA back in February. Now, after the back-to-back Sports Illustrated covers and popularity around the world, he has to go back to the bench when he wants to play most.

Edited by IllWill21

I feel like this is it for the Knicks. With how difficult the schedule is (physically and team wise) and the injuries mounting, we are really screwed at PG without Lin. Baron could go down at any minute, and Douglas still looked awful tonight and no need to state anything about Bibby. Don't know if Knicks can survive 13 games without Lin.

Hope we still make the playoffs but I could see the Knicks going on a run where they lost like 6 out of 9 or something.

Even this next week is brutal. Could legitimately lose all four counting next Monday as well.

Yeah...and the team sucks to watch now. I dunno. They just are no longer that exciting to watch. Lin was so fun to watch and Stoudemire added some excitement.

Tonight was just awful basketball IMO