Greatest Current Athlete in professional sports?

reno

Tiger's 2000 US Open might be the most dominant performance sports history. He won by 15 strokes lol. That's unheard of. Not only that but he went on to win 4 majors in a row. It took Federer years to get to the career slam. Tiger is hands down the most dominant athlete of this era and easily the best golfer ever.

Tiger's 2000 US Open might be the most dominant performance sports history. He won by 15 strokes lol. That's unheard of. Not only that but he went on to win 4 majors in a row. It took Federer years to get to the career slam. Tiger is hands down the most dominant athlete of this era and easily the best golfer ever.

That was 12 years ago bro, read the title of the thread again...

That was 12 years ago bro, read the title of the thread again...

Maybe you should be the one reading the thread title. Current athlete. Is Tiger still not playing golf?

Maybe you should be the one reading the thread title. Current athlete. Is Tiger still not playing golf?

If we go by your argument, you can say Michael Jordan, because he owns a sports team, he is in pro sports...

Think about it like this - if Tiger and McIlroy or Fowler or whoever were all tied entering the last 3 holes at the Masters, you wouldn't choose anyone but Tiger.

Not right now I wouldn't take Tiger. 5 years ago? absolutely. And Rickie Fowler? Please, he's not even a top 5 player anyway. Lol.

No one is questioning TW dominance of the game. He changed and revolutionized the game of golf in more ways than one. One thing that is NOT debatable is that Tiger Woods has easily had a far greater impact on his sport (raised purses, changed racial relations, etc.) than Roger Federer. But you can debate all day who's had the greater career in each sport. Both have been remarkable.

Tiger is NOT the same player he once was. And that is CLEAR. It's CURRENT athlete in Professional Sports. Tiger is NOT the BEST right NOW in his sport. That simple.

Think about it like this - if Tiger and McIlroy or Fowler or whoever were all tied entering the last 3 holes at the Masters, you wouldn't choose anyone but Tiger.

I would go with McIlroy over Tiger. Tiger isn't good any more

Edited by Lkr

I would go with McIlroy over Tiger. Tiger isn't good any more

It's not even that he's not good...it's just the fact he's your average top 50 tour player. He just no longer separates himself compared to the other top guys. His putting has been brutal the past two seasons...

I'd have to put Anderson Silva high up there just for his sheer domination and ridiculous record for title defence. I'd put GSP behind him in terms of fighters. You could say Floyd Mayweather for his excellent record but I'm not a fan. I think he comes at a time where there is no REAL challenge, except for maybe the resurgeance of Pacquiao in the last few years...but that fight looks like it's never going to happen. I can see Jon Bones Jones dominating the UFC for years to come and it won't be long until he's the number one P4P fighter IMO. Soccer's my favourite sport, basketball just behind...but I reckon fighters are the greatest athlete's out there.

But we're not talking about who's the best in their sport right now. We're talking greatest current player which I'm assuming is the best legacy so far. Its easily Tiger, Bolt or Fed.

But we're not talking about who's the best in their sport right now. We're talking greatest current player which I'm assuming is the best legacy so far. Its easily Tiger, Bolt or Fed.

I think most people took "Greatest Current Athlete in professional sports" as the player who is dominating their sport the most right now currently. I took it as the person who is the most athletic. The guy who started the thread probably should have been more specific.

I think most people took "Greatest Current Athlete in professional sports" as the player who is dominating their sport the most right now currently. I took it as the person who is the most athletic. The guy who started the thread probably should have been more specific.

Yeah there's a bunch of ways to interpret that question lol