Toronto @ San Antonio

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

The Spurs are slow and old. Duncan's weight loss hasn't exactly helped him in the post, and without Parker, I can't see the Spurs winning this game. They will need bad games from Bosh or Bargs, or else they'll fight tooth and nail against a motivated Toronto team that thinks they can beat anyone in the league at this point.

Spurs win by 10 even without parker.

What about without Parker and Duncan?

Apperantly TD isn't playing tonight either, at least according to Eric Smith's (a Raptors broadcaster) Twitter.

If this is in fact true and the Spurs are without both Duncan and Parker, this game just suddenly became a very winnable game for the Raptors. I am not going to come out and say that they are going to win because the Raptors are such a tough team to predict. When their shots are falling, they can play with anybody. When their shots aren't falling they can lose to anybody. A perfect example of this is the first two games of this road trip. Against the Hornets they shot the lights out and won by double digits, but against the Mavericks their shots weren't falling and they got blown out by almost 30.

Bosh and Bargnani should both have big games tonight if Duncan isn't playing. McDyess, Bonner and Blair definitely won't be able to handle these two, especially with the way that Bosh has been playing so far this year. On the flip side, I expect both Jefferson and Ginobili to have big games as well. I can see this game coming down to which duo performs better, Bosh and Bargnani or Jefferson and Ginobili?

Its going to be interesting to see how Blair does in his first start playing significant minutes. The complaint about Blair in draft night was that he had 'no knees'.

George Hill did a nice job filling in for Tony Parker last season too.

The Spurs are slow and old. Duncan's weight loss hasn't exactly helped him in the post, and without Parker, I can't see the Spurs winning this game. They will need bad games from Bosh or Bargs, or else they'll fight tooth and nail against a motivated Toronto team that thinks they can beat anyone in the league at this point.

I couldn't agree less actually, it's a season game. Spurs don't need Parker nor Duncan to win. Toronto can play good and still lose.

- Chris Bosh has looked great yet again. Foul trouble as limited his effectiveness and kept him off of the floor, but when he has been on the court he has been his usual self. He has been attacking the rim at every opportunity and drawing contact. He has around 10 FT attempts already and has been great again. I am absolutely loving the way that he is playing so far this year.

- Bargnani has been getting ignored too much on offense. He was feeling it for a while there but the Raptors didn't feed his hot hand, yet again. When Belinelli came into the game though, the two Italians showed great chemistry and were looking to feed each other. I have liked Bargs willingness to post up on the smaller lineups that the Spurs are running.

- Antoine Wright is just terrible on the offensive end. I understand that he is the best perimeter defender on the floor and all, but man does he every make terrible decisions on the offensive end of the floor. I really wish that he would realize that his role on offense it to swing the ball and keep it moving. It sounds weird saying this but he should take lessons from DeRozan on what to do offensively. DeRozan, for the most part, does a great job of playing his role. He doesn't force things very often, only takes shots when he is open and gets the ball into the hands of the more talented offensive players. Wright should do the same.

- Blair has looked very good. I absolutely love his hustle and tenacity on the boards. A lot of teams must be kicking theirselves for passing on him. Love the energy that he brings off of the bench.

- In all honesty, Toronto should be up big so far. They have defintiely outplayed the Spurs but because of fouls, rebounding and bench play, the Raptors are tied with them. They need to go for the throat in the 3rd and not allow the Spurs to hang around because that will bite them in the [expletive].

• Owner

Yeah, I've counted a couple of times where Calderon has gotten burned, then he just stands there...and, even worse, Bosh sees it and doesn't go after the shot.

That might be due to CB being in foul trouble, though...but there's no excuse for Calderon.

Only the Raptors can make George Hill and Matt Bonner look like All-Stars. I'm really getting sick of seing scrubs light the Raptors up. First JJ Redick goes off for a career high and now Matt Bonner is breaking down the Raps "D" off of the dribble? Jesus christ.

I know that I should be upset as a Raptors fan, but honestly, I am trying hard not to laugh about this.

I mean how the [expletive] do the Spurs, minus Parker and Duncan, drop 123 points and counting on you?

[expletive]ing Wright. I hate this guy. Why the hell is he even in the game? The Raptors need offense so Triano inserts Wright into the game and takes out Belinelli? Brilliant coaching.

Good god this team is frusturating to watch.

Looks like it will be the same old story for Toronto again this season even after additions BC brought in. It doesn't matter how good of offensive team they are, it means nothing if no one is playing a lick of defense.

DeRozan and Belinelli deserve more playing time than Wright.

• Owner

Only the Raptors can make George Hill and Matt Bonner look like All-Stars. I'm really getting sick of seing scrubs light the Raptors up. First JJ Redick goes off for a career high and now Matt Bonner is breaking down the Raps "D" off of the dribble? Jesus christ.

I know that I should be upset as a Raptors fan, but honestly, I am trying hard not to laugh about this.

I mean how the [expletive] do the Spurs, minus Parker and Duncan, drop 123 points and counting on you?

[expletive]ing Wright. I hate this guy. Why the hell is he even in the game? The Raptors need offense so Triano inserts Wright into the game and takes out Belinelli? Brilliant coaching.

Good god this team is frusturating to watch.

Haha, sorry man...I gotta laugh at this. I was watching some of the game, and it really is crazy how Bonner was getting what he wanted.

And once again, Calderon is just terrible on defense. Wright shouldn't be starting. Toronto has some major issues to deal with this season, and I'm starting to wonder if the coaching can be questioned yet.

Yeah, I've counted a couple of times where Calderon has gotten burned, then he just stands there...and, even worse, Bosh sees it and doesn't go after the shot.

That might be due to CB being in foul trouble, though...but there's no excuse for Calderon.

I think that Bosh not rotating over was mainly due to him being in foul trouble. He knew that the Raptors needed him on the court in order to walk away with a victory tonight so he wasn't playing as aggressively as he normally does on defense. He is the one Raptor who is normally good with rotations. He is late fairly often but at least he makes the effort to help out his teammates. I've been pleasently surprised with his rotations this season.

Haha, sorry man...I gotta laugh at this. I was watching some of the game, and it really is crazy how Bonner was getting what he wanted.

And once again, Calderon is just terrible on defense. Wright shouldn't be starting. Toronto has some major issues to deal with this season, and I'm starting to wonder if the coaching can be questioned yet.

Don't worry, I am laughing as well. I'm not going to lie, it got to a certain point in tonights game where I just couldn't help but laugh about how terrible the Raptors are defensively.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Sometimes I think Pop is pretty dumb. Ginobli dropped 36 in 31 minutes tonight, and Gino only plays like 25 mins per game. WTH? Hes a great player, why doesnt he play. Not only that but it hurts my fantasy squad! And Duncan plays 29 mpg, haha wow. No wonder the Spurs suck so far this season. Old as they are you still got to play your best players.

Sometimes I think Pop is pretty dumb. Ginobli dropped 36 in 31 minutes tonight, and Gino only plays like 25 mins per game. WTH? Hes a great player, why doesnt he play. Not only that but it hurts my fantasy squad! And Duncan plays 29 mpg, haha wow. No wonder the Spurs suck so far this season. Old as they are you still got to play your best players.

Its called managing your star players minutes so that they don't wear out as the season goes along. The San Antonio Spurs are approaching this season as a marathon, not a sprint, just like they always do.

What good is it to play Duncan and Ginobili 37 mpg each if by the time the postseason rolls around their gas tank is on empty? Duncan and Ginobili haven't exactly been the models for staying healthy over the past few seasons as well, which makes even more sense for Pop to monitor their minutes during the course of the season.

The Spurs goal is an NBA Championship. I would be willing to bet that they couldn't care less if they win another division title or finish first in the West if it means that their key players are too worn out come playoff time to accomplish the ultimate goal of an NBA Championship.