LaMarcus Aldridge done for season, Olympics in jeopardy

• Owner
Portland Trail Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge has a labral tear in his right hip requiring surgery and will sit out the rest of the season, the team announced Thursday.

The surgery is an arthroscopic procedure and will be performed by Dr. Marc Phillipon at a later date. Aldridge is expected to be ready for training camp next season, but his chances of making the 2012 United States Olympic team are in jeopardy.

“In his most recent MRI, and following further evaluation, it’s been determined that LaMarcus has a slight labral tear and will require arthroscopic surgery,” Blazers acting GM Chad Buchanan said in a statement.

“LaMarcus’ priority is that he’s 100 percent healthy going into training camp this fall and we all feel this is the best course,” the GM added. “He’s had an All-Star year and his long-term health is the most important thing to consider.”

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/04/12/aldridge-needs-scope-on-right-hip-done-for-season-olympics-in-jeopardy/

Guess this makes it easier for Bosh to get back on Team USA but you never like to see this happen to a star like LA. Can't believe how much bad luck Portland has had with injuries the past few seasons.

This could be a blessing in disguise...because now Hickson gets to play more. He'll continue to show his worth, and he'll probably end up back in Portland next year (because it seems like Hickson is having an absolute blast in Portland right now), and maybe we can start Aldridge and Hickson together with Batum.

And to be honest, I'm kind of glad he's done for the season. Not because I want us to tank, but because he needs the rest. He plays sooooo many minutes and rarely gets any rest. It'll be good for him. It sucks that it had to happen like this though.

I kinda feel sorry for Portland.

Just a few years ago a lot of people (me included) thought this team was going to be a force for the next decade with Aldridge, Roy, and Oden. Well, Oden was Sam Bowie 2.0 (actually worse), Roy was on the verge of becoming an elite player and got injured, and Portland is back to rebuilding.

I guess the silver lining is Portland might get lucky and pull a star (or 2) out of the draft to pair with a legit All-Star in Aldridge.