Dwane Casey: "Rebuilding is out the window next season"

@WolstatSun

Casey said goal next year is the playoffs. "Building is out the window. A lot of the mistakes we lived through this year can’t be tolerated"

I didn't expect anything else since both Colangelo and Casey only got two year deals.

I just hope that Colangelo doesn't put this team into basketball purgatory next year. I understand that they will need to make some moves to add talent and make a pusy for the playoffs, I just hope that they don't end up handcuffing themselves for the future in an attempt to have a "quick fix" like he did when he first came to the team.

Another unrelated point but one that I wanted to mention was this:

@WolstatSun

Casey said all Raptor veterans will be invited to Summer League to hang out with young guys. Said Ed Davis will be No. 1 option of SL team

• Like 1

I'm gald he's got the right attitude. I'm pumped for next season, and i'll be disappointed if we're not atleast a decent team. There are a lot of things that can happen next season with some teams in the East. Depending on whether Bostons big 3 sticks around, they could be in rebuild mode by net season, which will hopefully take them out of the playoff race. Orlando is a wild card imo, whether Dwight is staying or leaving or whatever. Same goes with Philly. I'm excited to see how next year turns out.

IMO the Raps are solid inside with the 2 euro's and their depth up front with Johnson and Davis. They desperately need a solid wing. I'd honestly look into Tyreke Evans if I were them once they figure out where they stand in the lottery.

Edited by Flash

IMO the Raps are solid inside with the 2 euro's and their depth up front with Johnson and Davis. They desperately need a solid wing. I'd honestly look into Tyreke Evans if I were them once they figure out where they stand in the lottery.

I don't know if we really should worry too much about a wind player right now tbh. We know we have Derozan who can hopefully be motivated next year, and improve his game. We also have James Johnson, who by no means is a star, but he showed in spurts this year that he is already an elite shot blocker, and has developed a decent offensive game. And Kleiza who has good range. My hope is as long as we draft a wing in the draft, preferably a Brad Beal or Harrison Barnes if we get lucky in the lottery, or if not, then maybe Perry Jones or Austin Rivers, then we should be good. Plus signing a decent wing player to come off the bench wouldn't hurt either.