Davis is Gone, Who Does Charlotte Draft?

I know it is early and workouts, measurements, interviews and what not will determine a lot, but lets say Charlotte moves down to 2nd and Davis is off the board.

Who do they draft?

I ask this question because, in my opinion, Charlotte is the only team who should not consider need at all when drafting. They absolutely need help at every position and it should help get a consensus of who people at OTR believe is the 2nd best player in this draft.

Bradley Beal. Trade down if you need to. Charlotte can't afford to take a risk on a guy like Drummond, but can't afford to play it safe with a guy like MKG. If Beal becomes another Eric Gordon, the Bobcats gotta be happy with that.

I think measurements and workouts are going to be key for Robinson. I've heard he struggled against bigger guys in college, and everyone is big in the NBA. Guys like Beal, Lamb, etc I think are going to shoot up boards after workouts... they will look good in an empty gym.

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

Trade the pick (what most others are saying). You could get a pretty good player from the trade, especially if you take in a contract, and falling down just a bit (but still in the top ten) can land you a decent rook, too.

After Davis, it's really hard to say if you're going to draft a guaranteed franchise player, so you might as well see what you can get out of the #2, snag the opposing team's pick, and go from there. Yeah, Davis isn't a guarantee, either, but he's closer than everyone else in the draft.

Thomas Robinson, the Bobcats shouldn't be picking a freshman since they need a person who will more likely be good now, so basically don't even pick based on potential.

But really, why should the Bobcats be after a guy who will give them immediate help when they are still going to be terrible next season anyways? Shouldn't they go for the player who they think will help them the most 3 years down the road?

I like Robinson and don't think it would be an absurd pick, but I don't think they should pick him because he is one of the most NBA ready players. They should pick him because they think he will be the most beneficial player for their future.