Iman Shumpert tears ACL in Knicks' loss to Heat

Art

ARTICLE . 04.29.2012. .YAHOO! SPORTS . IIMAN SHURMPERT TEARS ACL IN KNICKS LOSS TO HEAT

• New York Knicks rookie guard Iman Shumpert's season has ended after he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during in the Knicks' Game 1 loss to the Miami Heat. The Knicks said Shumpert will be out six to eight months, possibly sidelining him for the start of next season Adrian Wojnarowski . Yahoo! Sports
  • Shumpert tried to dribble behind his back in the third quarter, but immediately fell to the court and grabbed his left knee. He had to be carried off the court after suffering the non-contact injury. An MRI revealed the tear. Shumpert averaged 9.5 points and 3.2 rebounds this season. He was one of the Knicks' top perimeter defenders.Adrian Wojnarowski . Yahoo! Sports

• Owner

Knew it right when he fell, clutching the knee and screaming. Shades of Bynum.

When I saw it happen to Rose, I posted about it on my Facebook...knew before he was helped off the court.

Once you've seen it so many times throughout the years, and you've had a similar (yet less severe) injury yourself, it's really not as difficult as people make it seem to point it out on the spot, and when you combine how Shump's knee looked when he took that step + the fact that he was in a significant amount of pain, you knew he was done.

I didn't have the Knicks winning the series, but without Shump (who is their best perimeter defender), this one is definitely over, unless they somehow bring back Jeremy Lin, never turn the ball over (funny how those two things don't go together), and score like the old Phoenix Suns used to (which won't happen).

EDIT: And maybe ask Josh Harrellson to take out LeBron on a drive to the rim.

• Like 1

Knew it right when he fell, clutching the knee and screaming. Shades of Bynum.

When I saw it happen to Rose, I posted about it on my Facebook...knew before he was helped off the court.

Once you've seen it so many times throughout the years, and you've had a similar (yet less severe) injury yourself, it's really not as difficult as people make it seem to point it out on the spot, and when you combine how Shump's knee looked when he took that step + the fact that he was in a significant amount of pain, you knew he was done.

I didn't have the Knicks winning the series, but without Shump (who is their best perimeter defender), this one is definitely over, unless they somehow bring back Jeremy Lin, never turn the ball over (funny how those two things don't go together), and score like the old Phoenix Suns used to (which won't happen).

EDIT: And maybe ask Josh Harrellson to take out LeBron on a drive to the rim.

Yeah. I said originally Heat in 5. I'm starting to think Heat in 4. Trying to remain optimistic because we were basically playing without Tyson Chandler yesterday, but now with Shumpert, not sure Knicks could even steal a game in their own building!