Gregg Popovich Named 2012 NBA Coach of the Year

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Gregg Popovich is the NBA's Coach of the Year after leading the San Antonio Spurs to 50 wins in the lockout-shortened season and the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.

The announcement came Tuesday. Popovich also won the award in 2003 when San Antonio won its second of four championships, and he might be headed for a fifth ring if the Spurs keep this up.

After a 12-9 start, the Spurs lost only seven more games the rest of the season.

Popovich received 77 first-place votes. Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was second (27), Indiana coach Frank Vogel was third (7) and Memphis coach Lionel Hollins was fourth (6). Boston's Doc Rivers and Denver's George Karl each received a vote.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/05/01/gregg.popovich.coach.of.year.ap/index.html#ixzz1teS0PASL

Well deserved. I can understand if somebody had Thibs ahead of him considering all of the injuries he had to deal with, but I fully agree with Pop winning it as he was my choice.