Carmelo's playoff win percentage

• Owner

I know most of you saw this on TV (if you were watching the game), but this is shocking...didn't realize this until they brought it up.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏ @ESPNStatsInfo

Carmelo Anthony has the worst win% of ANY player that EVER played at least 50 playoff games (16-36, .308). Confirmed by Elias Sports Bureau.

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNStatsInfo/status/198449025844912128

I'll break it down...

2004: 4-1 loss vs. Minnesota, first round

2005: 4-1 loss vs. San Antonio, first round

2006: 4-1 loss vs. LA Clippers, first round

2007: 4-1 loss vs. San Antonio, first round

2008: 4-0 loss vs. LA Lakers, first round

2009: 4-2 loss vs. LA Lakers, WCF

2010: 4-2 loss vs. Utah, first round

2011: 4-0 loss vs. Boston, first round

2012: down 3-0 vs. Heat, first round

That's two sweeps (may be three after Game 4 vs. Heat), eight first-round losses.

:mellow:

By the way, no, McGrady has not played 50 playoff games...just in case you're wondering.

• Owner

I still hate the Lakers :)

Most non-Laker fans do, lol.

I didn't hate the Knicks until this series with the Heat...thought they would do SOMETHING, but now I just want them to be swept, so they make drastic changes and come back strong next season.

thought they would do SOMETHING, but now I just want them to be swept, so they make drastic changes and come back strong next season.

Me too, although, not sure if drastic changes are needed, we are beat up and this team still hasn't seen a training camp. Not to mention we haven't really seen Lin,Melo,Amar'e,Chandler all on the floor together..

If a drastic change would be like, Amar'e for Aaron Afflalo, count me in! :)

• Owner

Well, in my eyes, trading an all-star is considered a drastic change, especially when the Knicks are already struggling to score the ball.

I have no faith in a Melo/Amare duo.

It seems as if George Karl's argument about his coaching job being easier without Carmelo Anthony may have substance...

Pretty crazy, and he makes the playoffs every year too.

T-Mac has been in three 7-game series i believe.

Had to look it up -- Tracy McGrady's Career Playoff Averages:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_tracy_mcgrady.jpg

Year Team G (GS) MPG FG% PPG

99-00 TOR 3 (3) 37.0 0.386 16.7

00-01 ORL 4 (4) 44.5 0.415 33.8

01-02 ORL 4 (4) 44.5 0.462 30.8

02-03 ORL 7 (7) 44.0 0.448 31.7

04-05 HOU 7 (7) 43.0 0.456 30.7

06-07 HOU 7 (7) 40.0 0.394 25.3

07-08 HOU 6 (6) 41.2 0.425 27.0

11-12 ATL 3 (0) 20.0 0.412 6.3

Career -- 41 (38) 40.6 0.430 26.9

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tracy_mcgrady/career_stats.html

^ Not that bad.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

*Didn't watch that much of Carmelo in Denver (I will admit, not going to start arguing and debating about something I don't know that much about) but I've watched about every minute of every playoff game Melo has had here and in the 7 losses he's not the problem. *

Last year the roster was gutted for him, and the roster was horrible around him, especially when Billups went down (end of game 1 i believe) and then amar'e in game 2.

This year, the roster was definitely better, but he started off poorly in game 1, shumpert tears his ACL, Chandler has the flu. Game 2, Chandler still wasn't completely over the flu, Melo had a pretty solid game, still without Shumpert, and then Stoudemire cuts his hand.

Game 3 he did all he could to keep us in it. He was getting thrown doubles, etc and no one else stepped up and did anything.

I think it's far more about the supporting cast/injuries as to why he's been so unsuccessful in NY as oppose to his actual play.

Let's not forget the 42/17/6 effort last year when he almost willed his way to a Knicks victory versus a very good Boston team (better than this years Cetics).

And people need to also remember the Heat are probably the best team in the NBA (or the toughest to play in the playoffs IMO). You have two legitmate superstars, HOF players and 1 all star who could, and has been the go-to guy on another team.

This entire thing is stupid. You want to get on him for his time in Denver? Whatever. I don't care for that much either. His roster's were never that good, and the West for the past decade has consistently been far better than the East top to bottom.