The Avengers

Yahoo!

I feel bad for every other movie out right now lol

Dang, I was expecting it to do well, but not that well. Was talking to Reid (Lkr) on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 about how it would do and he laughed at me.

http://i.imgur.com/RS7Bq.png

• Like 1

Just saw it, liked it, the special effects are unbelievable. I felt like the villain was a little bitch though, he did not do much for being a "god". Went on a Sunday night and it was packed, well behaved crowd though, except when they clapped for every thing the Hulk did. I can understand laughing because there were funny parts, but for some reason, everyone agreed to clap whenever the Hulk's face was on screen.

Also, Dark Knight Rises will take over this record in a few weeks,

Edited by SRV

Just saw it, liked it, the special effects are unbelievable. I felt like the villain was a little bitch though, he did not do much for being a "god". Went on a Sunday night and it was packed, well behaved crowd though, except when they clapped for every thing the Hulk did. I can understand laughing because there were funny parts, but for some reason, everyone agreed to clap whenever the Hulk's face was on screen.

Also, Dark Knight Rises will take over this record in a few weeks,

I agree after seeing the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises i think it going to blow off every record. It going be damn good.

I did see The Avengers on Saturday and it was amazing.. It lived up to the hype. The Hulk whupped ass at the end haha

Love Nolan, love TDK, DKR trailer is ehhh, I wouldn't be surprised if it did re break record, but 200+ mil is [expletive]ing insane numbers...Avengers is family friendly, DKR is not, again wouldn't be surprised, but I honestly think this record is safe for a while.

I expect DKR to be a better movie (which says a lot because the Avengers was sick), but those numbers will be hard to break especially since the Avengers hits pretty much every demographic you could want.

Those two movies make for a very good summer of movies though, anything else is just gravy at this point to be honest.

I hate how DKR is being hyped so much. I feel that people are expecting so much that it wont meet expectations for a lot of people.

I felt the same about Avengers, it turned out to be great...

Nolan has a track record for delivering, I won't question it...

I felt the same about Avengers, it turned out to be great...

Nolan has a track record for delivering, I won't question it...

Oh im not questioning it, i sure its going to be a fantastic movie. I just hate hearing "it was good just not as good as i thought it was going to be" after its all said and done. Sometimes people expect to much from a movie.

Saw it again today, gotta say it got worse, since I paid more attention, more small plot holes then there should have been, but oh well, still an excellent movie. More importantly I was informed today that DKR will NOT be in 3D? Lol this confirms Avengers will have that record for at least another year, maybe Superman can give it a run...Do the math 3D movies are about at least $1 more than regular movies (im being extremely generous) so if 100,000 people see the Avengers in 3D as opposed to regular, that's 10,000 more people that have to see the DKR than Avengers, and these numbers are extremely generous, bottom line is DKR has to outdraw Avengers a family friendly movie to even have a shot, don't see it happening.

They had 2 hours they had to cut? The movie was already pretty damn long lol, I feel bad for the actors though(mainly Hemsworth and Evans) , they have to stay in super hero shape for years, they are locked in for so many movies.

Edited by SRV

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...