Ryan Anderson wins Most Improved Player

• Owner
NBA officials were at Amway Center on Friday to present the 23-year-old Anderson with the award.

Anderson is in his fourth season. He started 61 of 66 games during the shortened regular-season and led the league in 3-pointers made (166) and attempted (422). He joins Rashard Lewis as the only other power forward to lead the league in 3-pointers made. He averaged career highs in points (16.1) and rebounds (7.7).

Anderson becomes the fifth Magic player to win the award since it was first handed out in 1986, joining Hedo Turkoglu (2008), Tracy McGrady (2001), Darrell Armstrong (1999) and Scott Skiles (1991).

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-05-04/ryan-anderson-most-improved/54745184/1

I don't know about this. I think everyone knew Ryan Anderson was great at shooting 3's, his offensive rebounding ability was the thing that surprised me.

I would have given it to Danny Green considering how he was cut by this Spurs team twice (?) but is now starting for them.

Good selection. Anderson deserved it.

Why? What exactly did he improve on?

Last season numbers, per 36: 17.2 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 3.4 3PM

This season numbers, per 36: 18.0 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.0 3PM

Last year he had a PER of 19, TS% of 59, TRB% of 14.5, ORTG of 122, DRTG of 101

This year he had a PER of 21.2, TS% of 58.9, TRB% of 13.8, ORTG of 124, DRTG of 105

He is basically exactly the same player as he was last season. The only difference? He played 10 more minutes per game this year.

• 1 month later...

Some teams going to chuck a ridiculous amount of money at him this off season, definitely played well this year. But I think Dwight's got a huge part in it, he was basically invisible in Dwight Howard's absence. I personally don't think he's coming back to the Magic because we're not going to give him in the money he wants.