2011-12 NBA All-Defensive Second Team

Position Player (Team)

Forward Kevin Garnett (Celtics)

Forward Luol Deng (Bulls)

Center Tyson Chandler (Knicks)

Guard Rajon Rondo (Celtics)

Guard Kobe Bryant (Lakers)

Edited by ChosenOne

How does Chandler win defensive player of the year and then get second team all defense? lol

I was thinking exact same thing :wacko:

And is Tony Allen really that good defensively. I'm glad they chose someone whos not a superstar, but I didn't know Tony was that good defensively.

I was thinking exact same thing :wacko:

And is Tony Allen really that good defensively. I'm glad they chose someone whos not a superstar, but I didn't know Tony was that good defensively.

Allen IMO very much deserved first team he was awesome defensively all year. Especially if he was going to be replaced by Kobe or Rondo.

Allen IMO very much deserved first team he was awesome defensively all year. Especially if he was going to be replaced by Kobe or Rondo.

I though Rondo would be on the first team. I'm not complaining though Allen probably deserves it

So true. CP3 being on that list = joke. <_<

Is that sarcasm I detect? Eric Bledsoe is a much better defender than Paul. Just because Paul is better at playing the passing lanes doesn't make him a good defender.

Ah yes Kobe Bryant being on yet another all nba defense team despite not playing any form of defense for several years now. The award voting never fails.

First team

C- Chandler

F- KG

F- LeBron

G- Tony Allen

G- Avery Bradley

2nd Team

C- Howard

F- Ibaka

F- Iguodala

G- Wade

G- Conley

Is that sarcasm I detect? Eric Bledsoe is a much better defender than Paul. Just because Paul is better at playing the passing lanes doesn't make him a good defender.

Na, I don't think he's being sarcastic.

And, Chandler deserved the DPOY award imo...

He's an excellent weak side shot blocker, but you're right he isn't "great" at anything else.

At the sake of sounding completely lame.. of anyone on the site, I'd love to watch a few basketball games with you the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Ibaka deserved it because he.. blocks shots?

3.7BPG is ridiculous (especially since he played only 27MPG), and shot blockers like that consistently affect shots at the rim...the most efficient area on the floor. To statistically compare his impact to, say, Tyson Chandler, OKC gives up 3 more points per 100 possessions when he's off the floor...NY gives up less than 1 more point when Chandler is off the floor.

Speaking of Chandler, I don't understand how he earned 2nd team honors and still won the DPOY. I understand why he won the award and don't really have a problem with it, but if he wins then he can't possibly be 2nd team. That is, unless they award it to the defensive MVP of the league, and not best defender, but that kind of makes the award pointless IMO.

Only glaring problem with these lists is Kobe. To put him ahead of guys like Wade, Marion, Iguodala, Sefolosha, Afflalo, Holliday, and a few others is ridiculous (Wade I understand because of the time he missed).

Edited by Nitro

Only glaring problem with these lists is Kobe. To put him ahead of guys like Wade, Marion, Iguodala, Sefolosha, Afflalo, Holliday, and a few others is ridiculous (Wade I understand because of the time he missed).

Shumpert too.

• Like 1

Nah Shump was a beast but he was taken out of plays when got screen struggled with em big time, and had inconsistent games, his time will come

Idk man. He made some lapses defensively from time to time but he was pretty damn good man. A true stopper