Shaq interviewing for vacant Magic GM position

• Owner
@Chris_Broussard

As first reported on @NBAonESPN, the Orlando Magic will interview @SHAQ for their vacant GM position, sources say

Charles Barkley argued that Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. Shaq says Andrew Bynum is. Shaq is interviewing for the General Manager job in Orlando. That's all I'm saying.

Charles Barkley argued that Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. Shaq says Andrew Bynum is. Shaq is interviewing for the General Manager job in Orlando. That's all I'm saying.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m37l96vFp71qb978l.gif

• Like 1

The NBA is so behind the curve when it comes to executives.

and coaches too...

NBA is the only sport where you can have virtually zero experience and become a head coach...Mark Jackson? I ROFL when i saw that clown hired

Shaq: No Interest In Magic GM Job

As soon as he was included in the discussion for the vacant general manager job in Orlando, Shaquille O’Neal has taken himself out of the mix. The future Hall of Famer and TNT analyst released a statement this afternoon denying any interest in pursuing the position that came open with Monday’s mutual parting of the ways between the Magic and Otis Smith.

And this isn’t coming from any back channel sources or anyone else. It’s from the big fella himself, who said he has no plans of leaving the Inside set where has starred this season alongside Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley and Ernie Johnson.

“When I first heard about the vacancy for the Orlando Magic general manager position, I was clearly intrigued.” he said in a statement. “I was drafted by the Magic, I have a great love for the franchise, and I have made the city of Orlando my home. Additionally, I have great admiration and respect for the DeVos family. However, this is not a job I have an interest in pursuing. I feel very fortunate to be with TNT and to have the best job in sports. I look forward to many more years with Charles, Kenny and E.J. I wish the best for the Magic and I am confident that they will select a great GM and coach.”

Source

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhat glad he wasn't interested although I think he could do some pretty good things with us because he knows how to win and knows what it's like to be a superstar center in the NBA; so he could've helped Dwight.

There's not really much news surrounding a new GM nowdays, but I hope a decisions made before draft night. I have a feeling it's going to be a long off season.