CP3 Plans To Recruit FAs

Chris Paul will recruit players to join him with the Clippers. “I’ll be the first one to tell any player that this is where you want to be,” Paul said. “The team has all the small things, the great training staff, the great practice facility and a guy like Blake Griffin to play with. So, why not?”

Neil Olshey believes the Clippers have become an attractive destination for free agents. “I know the culture has changed because we went from a ‘have to’ organization — ‘I have to go to the Clippers,’ ‘I got traded to the Clippers,’ ‘I got drafted by the Clippers’ — to a ‘want to.’ Guys want to be here now,” said Olshey, Clippers vice president of basketball operations. “They want to play here.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221182/Paul_Plans_To_Recruit_Free_Agents_For_Clippers

Via: http://clippers.ocregister.com/2012/05/23/paul-might-be-clippers-best-recruiter-in-offseason/

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

The whole flopping thing might be a turnoff for potential FA's. It would be for me anyways.

Nah.

LAC are a really attractive destination. Young core, attractive area, shit owner though. I could see CP3 bringing some guys in. I think the fans care a lot more about the flopping shit than the players do.

Nah.

LAC are a really attractive destination. Young core, attractive area, shit owner though. I could see CP3 bringing some guys in. I think the fans care a lot more about the flopping shit than the players do.

Idk man. Like I guess being able to play with guys like CP3 and Blake Griffin would be pretty appealing, but I don't see LAC being that attractive. Ownership sucks of course, but thats not even all of it. If your an honest, hard working and fair player, are you really going to want to go sign with a team where its so obvious that flopping is so heavily encouraged. I guess you don't have to flop if you sing with them obviously, but If you don't like flopping, are you going to want to play on a team full of players that do?

Edited by DemarDerozanDunk

The whole flopping thing might be a turnoff for potential FA's. It would be for me anyways.

Yeah players will turn down contracts to play with other stars, tons of $, cool city, chance to get a ring because of a flopping label,

notsrs

• Like 1

Yeah players will turn down contracts to play with other stars, tons of $, cool city, chance to get a ring because of a flopping label,

notsrs

Well if the player isn't getting any offers from other contenders then theres no reason they wouldn't sign. But if a player got two offers equal money from two contenders, I could see the flopping thing being one of the reasons they would sign with the other team.

Mike Malone on Paul’s List

Chris Paul has Golden State Warriors Assistant Coach Mike Malone on his short-list of preferred Del Negro replacements.

Malone was the lead assistant with the Hornets when Paul led the team to an impressive series against the Los Angeles Lakers in 2011, despite a season-ending injury to David West. Malone was also a key part of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ staff including the year they made their run to the NBA Finals in 2007.

Although Malone has yet to run a team as head coach, he’s among one of the most respected assistants in the league and will inevitably be linked to every team interviewing for a head coach (Charlotte, Orlando, etc.).

http://www.hoopsworld.com/source-mike-malone-on-pauls-short-list

Well if the player isn't getting any offers from other contenders then theres no reason they wouldn't sign. But if a player got two offers equal money from two contenders, I could see the flopping thing being one of the reasons they would sign with the other team.

Stfu already....

• 5 weeks later...

Chris Paul says getting Chauncey Billups back in a Clippers uniform is “top priority”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/files/2012/06/chris-paul-chauncey-billups-camp-denver1-495x365.jpg

Chauncey Billups and Chris Paul talk to kids in Parker at the Chauncey Billups Basketball Academy camp on Monday.

PARKER – It’s been a decade since Chauncey Billups was last pursued as hard by NBA teams in free agency as he expects to be this year. And his good friend, L.A. Clippers guard Chris Paul, aims to be at the top of the list, hoping to get him back in red, blue and white for the 2012-13 season.

“He knows my top priority right now is to make sure he’s back with us again next season,” said Paul, a special guest today at Chauncey Billups’ basketball camp at Parker Fieldhouse. "That was the best backcourt mate I played with since I’ve been in the NBA. He just gave me so much confidence and made things so much easier for me. So I need him back and want him back with the Clippers.”

Billups averaged 14.9 points and 4.0 assists in 20 games – all starts – for the Clippers before his season came to an abrupt end with a torn Achilles on Feb. 7. He was playing on a one-year contract with the Clippers after being waived by the Knicks, who used the newly-created amnesty clause to do so prior to the season. Now, Billups is an unrestricted free agent.

Full Story