Shouldn't OKC switch up the lineup?

• Owner

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter the order in the backcourt because Westbrook has to defend Parker. Bringing the ball up doesn't necessarily mean you're a PG, and neither does being engaged in the P&R.

Their problem is Kendrick Perkins. He has become a liability on both ends of the floor. He can't come out and defend Parker on the P&R, and he can't be a threat on the offensive end. The Thunder are better off playing Collison and Ibaka, or even Durant at the four and Ibaka at center.

If I were Brooks, I would strongly consider limiting Perk's minutes...big time.

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter the order in the backcourt because Westbrook has to defend Parker. Bringing the ball up doesn't necessarily mean you're a PG, and neither does being engaged in the P&R.

Their problem is Kendrick Perkins. He has become a liability on both ends of the floor. He can't come out and defend Parker on the P&R, and he can't be a threat on the offensive end. The Thunder are better off playing Collison and Ibaka, or even Durant at the four and Ibaka at center.

Ding Ding Ding...I agree completely. The bolded part states it perfectly.

Westbrook-Harden-Sefolosha-Durant-Ibaka is the best lineup for OKC I believe in this particular series.

Yeah they were talking about Perkins on TNT after Game 2. He hasnt done anything to help out the Thunder. The Spurs are just a better team though, it won't make a difference if they go small because then they'll just get outrebounded. They should run a 2-3 zone or something, try new stuff out that could possibly get them a win.

I said this earlier in the season. Giving him that big contract was stupid when they still had yet to give Westbrook and Harden their new deals, and they were fresh off giving Durant a max deal. He's going to end up crippling their cap-space in the future much like the way Mike Miller's contract (and Battier's) is killing Miami. Perkins is ineffective offensively, an average-at-best rebounder and only good at defending true post players. Everyone over-reacted to the trade last year because they correlated OKC's improvement to the addition of Perkins. It wasn't Perkins, it was getting rid of a tweener in Jeff Green, which balanced out the lineup and gave Ibaka the minutes he deserved. Collison needs way more minutes, and it should be at Perkins' expense.

As for moving Harden to the starting lineup, that's not smart. OKC lacks scoring as it is off the bench, and Harden will become less effective if you decrease his minutes against other second stringers. He's damn near a carbon copy of Manu Ginobili, and his role on the team is the same (except in the past Manu has been the #1 option in 4th quarters, while Harden will always be 3rd behind Durant and Westbrook).