GM4: Miami at Boston

• Owner

LeBron should have had five fouls (not six), but not because of the sixth. He was robbed on the double foul. The final one was legit, though, because he locked Pietrus' hand inside of his jersey, had it pulled in much like Garnett did Bron's earlier, and it caused Pietrus' legs to bend and his weight to shift, which stopped his backwards motion and caused him to fall (well, caused LeBron to collide into him).

Battier flopped on that Pierce foul. I wouldn't have called it. Battier acted like he was 60 pounds.

So, altogether, both Bron and Pierce should have been in this game.

----------

People are going to say that Bron made a good decision passing the ball to Haslem, but I still think he should have shot it (given he wasn't going to drive to the rim, but away from it, for some stupid reason). When Miami cleared an entire side for LeBron, he should have went left, done SOMETHING (whatever he wanted, before the defense recovered), and just went up with it...at the rim or taking the shot.

I didn't criticize him for missing that shot the other night (in the 4th, to win the game). He should have taken the drive on Rondo, but then again, he still got his shot off on the smaller defender, elevated high enough to get it off clean, and a good look at that.

By the way, Wade may have done his damage later, but these pathetic first halves he's playing are killing the Heat.

Totally Agreeeee... Wade is being s complete scrub in the first half of games and for them to start winning, he needs to have the freaking mindset to take it in and get fouled or do something. I practically scream at my tv whenever I see him going into his shot to pull up for a jumper. It kills me to see him settle like that when I know what he is capable of.

I give huge credit to Boston. There were moments during that game when I felt it was over for sure. They played so well in the first half that it would be a shame if they lost, but I still felt that the Heat defense just would not let them score.

They didn't really, as many Celtic possessions went the full 24 and ended with KG throwing up a bad jumper or even a 3 in one possession.

Yet somehow, they were scrappy enough to prevent the Heat from taking a lead greater than two. With Pietrus and Daniels playing in overtime, they won.

This was the Celtic's game to blow, and it felt like everything was transpiring the same way it did last year hone they played.

Celtics are still in it. I don't know if they can win game 5. But if they win Game 6, don't discount the chance that they go on the road and win a Game 7.

Celtics next time need to realize what Miami has in store in the second half, because the last three games Miami has really owned them in the 2nd half of the games.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

The whole Celtics team went up to Lebron, he really had no choice. He could have shot in much earlier, but he already made his move and Boston sent like 4 players at him. I mean, if the pass wasn't tipped, it might have worked.

• Owner

The whole Celtics team went up to Lebron, he really had no choice. He could have shot in much earlier, but he already made his move and Boston sent like 4 players at him. I mean, if the pass wasn't tipped, it might have worked.

Well, he had three close in to stop any chance at a drive, but I have no idea why he just didn't go left BEFORE driving right. Four Celtics were on the right side of the court (before Haslem and Chalmers moved), and he had the entire left to himself.

That almost leads me to believe the play was drawn up for Haslem...but in a last-second situation like that, I expect LeBron to ditch it and take the left side of the court, one-on-one, with whoever is stuck on him.

People always bring up his shooting percentages in clutch moments, but it's higher than normal due to him not accepting those moments as his. I know Wade can do his share in the clutch, but he doesn't deserve it at this point. LeBron has carried the Heat on his back...maybe not every single half of this series, but most of it, and when Wade is starting games off shooting 1-11 (or whatever), and playing so-so defense, not creating for his teammates, it's LeBron who is picking up his slack and playing multiple positions.

Kobe is known as arguably the most clutch player in NBA history, based on the amount of game-winners he has hit (leads everyone, including MJ) and how he hits them, over multiple defenders and what-not. He has missed a ton of them, too...but nobody remembers the misses. Can anyone name me ONE miss Jordan had to end a game? I doubt it...years later, all of that is forgotten.

It will take a lot of misses for me to start beating up on LeBron for being unclutch. However, I won't hesitate when he's passing up shots that he should be taking, or match-ups he should be exposing, because that's more about the fear of missing and basically "ruining" the game that he had. Short-term memory, everyone does remember those late-game misses...but again, years from now, they won't, unless it's from a Game 7 in a series loss (or something of that magnitude).