Chris Bosh could return for Game 5

Real Deal

• Owner
BOSTON -- With the Eastern Conference finals headed for a tense finish, the Miami Heat appear ready to try to get their missing All-Star on the floor.

According to multiple sources, the Heat are hoping to activate Chris Bosh for Tuesday's Game 5 if he doesn't suffer a setback in workouts over the next two days. Bosh declined to discuss his status following the Heat's 93-91 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Sunday, which tied the series at 2-2.

Bad Idea Activating Bosh?

Bruce Bowen doesn't think that now is the right time for the Heat to activate Chris Bosh.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8005896/2012-nba-playoffs-chris-bosh-miami-heat-return-game-5-according-sources

I'm honestly not sure if this is a good idea. While I think a healthy Bosh helps them significantly, I doubt he's going to be 100%...and at this point, it almost feels like Haslem is a better choice. Bosh is going to take shots away from LeBron, he's not going to be able to defend KG (especially if he's hurt), and even then, he's not the defensive player Haslem is, anyway, and the Heat just allowed Boston to drop 61 in the first half of the game last night.

For me, I don't know...I'm on the fence. The Heat cannot beat the Spurs or Thunder without Bosh, and if they bring him back early and lose him again, that's it...even if they roll past Boston, who has them figured out. Boston struggles to maintain leads because of their foul trouble and their fatigue, something the Spurs and Thunder won't have trouble with, at all...so with two homes games left (of the three), wouldn't it be smarter to see how Game 5 goes before trying to bring Bosh back?

• Like 1

I think just having him in the lineup will help us...its another option for us and we really need it now. He needs to get back into the flow of the team. I don't think he will slow down our offense anymore than it already is. Defense might be a concern, but Bosh hasn't exactly been the best defensive player this season anyway. All he really does is shoot open jumpers and grab rebounds either way.