Rudy Gay vs. Andre Iguodala: Who Would You Rather Trade For?

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Iguodala, easily. I didn't give that one much thought, actually. His defense is far too valuable to pass on (especially for Rudy Gay), and he actually creates for his teammates pretty well, also.

I've never been that big of a fan of Rudy to begin with, but all bias aside, I would take Iggy.

Iguodala, easily. I didn't give that one much thought, actually. His defense is far too valuable to pass on (especially for Rudy Gay), and he actually creates for his teammates pretty well, also.

I've never been that big of a fan of Rudy to begin with, but all bias aside, I would take Iggy.

That is my opinion as well and was surprised to see how many Raptor fans (on Real GM and a Raptors board I visit from time to time) would rather have Gay over Iguodala. If I had to guess I'd say that more wanted Gay than Iggy and I was genuinely surprised by that.

I really didn't even have to think about it when I read this article earlier today. It was Iguodala right away for me.

I wouldn't be mad if they dealt the pick for Gay, but I honestly can't say I'd be all that happy with the trade either. He is just kind of "meh" for me.

Yeah I agree with both of you actually. I've never been a fan of gay. I just see him as another athletic guy who's shot seems a little inconsistent. Iggy for me has been one of my favorite players for a while now. Even back when Iggy and korver were all that the sixers had. Solid all around player who plays his ass off. You never see that guy take plays off.

I actually really like Rudy Gay, but Iguodala is the much better all around player so i'd say Iggy. I think he'd be really good in the system with Casey too, and i'd put us as an instant playoff team with him. A lineup of:

C- Jonas Valanciunas

PF- Andrea Bargnani

SF- Andre Iguadala

SG- Demar Derozan

PG- Jose Calderon

bench: Amir Johnson, James Johnson, Jarryd Bayless, Aaron Gray, Gary Forbes, etc.

That looks like a playoff team to me.

I would rather trade for Gay if I'm the Raptors.

Iggy is a better overall player but Gay is younger and a better scorer. Gay has been averaging around 20 ppg since after his rookie season. Iggy's scoring has been on a decline the past few seasons (only averaged 12.4 this season). Defensively it's not close; it goes to Iggy by a mile. As a young team, I would have to go with Gay simply because I don't think he has reached his prime yet. On the other hand, I believe Iggy is past his prime.

Some good comparison links:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?position=sf&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fposition%3dsf

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=iguodan01&p2=gayru01

Heres an article where the author thinks it will take more then Davis plus 8th to make it happen

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/06/report-raptors-ready-to-trade-no-8-pick-more-for-swingman/

Ridiculous.

You are telling me that Rudy Gay, a career 16.2 PER (career high of 17.8) player who is a volume scorer with average efficiency (career 53 TS%) and is on a max contract is worth a top 8 pick, Ed Davis, a $10M expiring Jose Calderon (who, as a backup, is fantastic) and more on top of that? Please.

The sad thing? I can see Colangelo overpaying and doing something like this.

If it is me, I'm offering the 8th pick and Kleiza for Gay. I'd throw in Ed Davis if they agreed to send the 25th pick. If Memphis expects the Raptors to eat all of Gay's contract and send them additional assets on top of that, tell them to hit the road.

I would rather trade for Gay if I'm the Raptors.

Iggy is a better overall player but Gay is younger and a better scorer. Gay has been averaging around 20 ppg since after his rookie season. Iggy's scoring has been on a decline the past few seasons (only averaged 12.4 this season). Defensively it's not close; it goes to Iggy by a mile. As a young team, I would have to go with Gay simply because I don't think he has reached his prime yet. On the other hand, I believe Iggy is past his prime.

Agreed. He would be a great fit because he is young and he can still grow especially if he is given the number one spot. In Memphis he scored 20ppg being along side ZBo, Gasol, Mayo, and Conley. You take those scorers off his team and give him a few more shot a game he can very easily score 25+ a game. Iggy on the defensive end of the ball is fantastic but for a team like Toronto they don't need him as one defender wont make a difference.

Ridiculous.

You are telling me that Rudy Gay, a career 16.2 PER (career high of 17.8) player who is a volume scorer with average efficiency (career 53 TS%) and is on a max contract is worth a top 8 pick, Ed Davis, a $10M expiring Jose Calderon (who, as a backup, is fantastic) and more on top of that? Please.

The sad thing? I can see Colangelo overpaying and doing something like this.

If it is me, I'm offering the 8th pick and Kleiza for Gay. I'd throw in Ed Davis if they agreed to send the 25th pick. If Memphis expects the Raptors to eat all of Gay's contract and send them additional assets on top of that, tell them to hit the road.

Agreed. That would be an awful move. I hope to god BC isn't dumb enough to do it.