Hornets looking to dump Ariza/Okafor contracts with #10?

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople

Hornets will entertain offers for 10th pick if someone also agrees to take Ariza or Okafor contracts.

Personally I would rather they add another top young piece alongside Anthony Davis to jumpstart the rebuild but dumping either contract frees up just a bit of wiggle room. If it helps ownership pay up for Eric Gordon then it might be worth it I suppose.

Would not be surprised to see Cleveland jump all over this, Gilbert has proven in the past that he's willing to take on salary if it helps further progress their rebuild (see Baron Davis and Richard Hamitlon). Something also worth noting is that Utah, Toronto and Denver all have fairly large trade exceptions available although last I heard the Raptors were actually looking to move out for a veteran.

I personally think this would be a great move by them. I know people think getting young player when you rebuilding is critical but getting rid of over paid players is just as important. Freeing up around 15 million would be fantastic for them. Resigning Gordon, drafting Davis, and still having cap space for going after other young role players would be a dream come true for the Hornets. Do it i say.

I dont think they would be able to resign Gordon is they keep them.

He's an RFA, I'm sure they will.

I highly doubt the Hornets are looking for a straight salary dump, pretty sure they're dangling the 10th pick so that they can get an established PG.