GM6: Miami at Boston

I wouldn't say Miami had no chance. I highly doubt they also manage to lose four straight like the spurs did.

Miami wins this one and takes it back to south beach for a game 7. I want to see a Miami vs Thunder finals not [expletive]ing Thunder vs Boaton.

I wouldn't say Miami had no chance. I highly doubt they also manage to lose four straight like the spurs did.

Miami wins this one and takes it back to south beach for a game 7. I want to see a Miami vs Thunder finals not [expletive]ing Thunder vs Boaton.

u have to want Boston... they are more classic for tha NBA. and the big 4 is nashty

If we lose I will be so heartbroken...I have never been so emotionally attached to the success of this team, even though I think we played much better last year, I expected more from this team...honestly, I just want to see everyone's reaction if we win the championship, but I won't know if we lose now and OTR closes down.

ill be at this game. hopefully refs dont rig it for miami

I dont think that is even a factor in this series, the last few games, we have barely been getting to the line, and both teams have been in constant foul trouble. I haven't seen the refs favor a certain team.

• Owner

Miami has to score big and hit their jumpers to win this game. When they score 105+ points, they are 24-2...and they are also 31-2 when they shoot 47.5% or better. Of course, it makes sense when you score a lot of points, shoot well, and win games...but with a team like Miami, who plays excellent defense, those numbers (and especially the record) stand out so much because they nearly dominate teams by doing so.

Just for kicks...some more fun numbers:

The Heat are 9-0 when they attempt 10 threes or less, but 7-0 when they make 10 threes or more...with an 11-1 record when they shoot 50% or better from downtown.

Miami is 24-4 when making 22+ free throws, and only 5-9 when attempting 17 FT's or less in a game.

Role players have to step up and hit open threes, and both Wade and James have to get to the line. Boston is an inconsistent offensive team, so even if Garnett and Rondo get theirs, Miami can put this team away if they can get help from more than just two guys AND get to the line.

I dont think that is even a factor in this series, the last few games, we have barely been getting to the line, and both teams have been in constant foul trouble. I haven't seen the refs favor a certain team.

haha i know was being sarcastic. really excited to see this game live though, definetly going to be the biggest game ive attended.

If the Heat lose this game will the universe explode?

Yes, but atleast it will be a good week away from my computer and TV lol

Edited by SRV

If the Heat lose this game will the universe explode?

I expect us to implode tonight and hopefully Spo will be gone by weeks end so we can bring in either of these guys:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zl70-QrEXrc/TVRvkA4NF4I/AAAAAAAAAas/JgwJgl9PSy0/s1600/jerry%2Bsloan.jpg

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2008/05/nate-large.jpg

If Boston doens't win this game, they are going to be hard pressed to win another one in Miami in front of that hostile crowd (lol). But seriously, tonight is still almost a must win for them IMO. Its gonna be interesting to see how this game is called. People are gonna be bitching hard either way after this game. I should be able to catch the whole game so I hope I can form my own opinion.

I expect us to implode tonight and hopefully Spo will be gone by weeks end so we can bring in either of these guys:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zl70-QrEXrc/TVRvkA4NF4I/AAAAAAAAAas/JgwJgl9PSy0/s1600/jerry%2Bsloan.jpg

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2008/05/nate-large.jpg

Spo is not the only problem with this team. Doesn't help the face (well, former face) of your franchise has an unbelievably shit attitude.

Even if we win tonight, our home court isn't exactly much of an advantage this series. We went to OT in Game 2, let Rondo shit on us, and then we lost game 5.

I just want Lebron and Wade to realize how many terrible things will happen to them and Miami fans in general is we lose this. They will not hear the end of it, and then we have to sit through another regular season where we just coast and repeat everything all over again. Just win the damn ring, that is all I ask for in this lifetime.

That being said, Bosh BETTER play a lot this game, he played very well last game, and we just left him rotting on the bench.

Edited by SRV

• Owner

By the way...is it safe to say that Paul Pierce is due for a big game? He has been pretty bad in this series so far, can't really say he has had a good game yet.

I'm waiting for just one game of 25+ on a good shooting percentage.

Funny part is, Pierce hasn't scored over 25 in any of these playoff games, minus Game 2 against Atlanta, where he just went ballistic...so I don't know.

Spo is not the only problem with this team. Doesn't help the face (well, former face) of your franchise has an unbelievably shit attitude.

Wade has laid a huge egg in this series, one which he flat out dominated last year.

Also, if LeBron plays to his averages in this game and we lose, anyone who blames him should just stop watching basketball. He's been unreal all postseason while Wade has been garbage minus like 4 games and Bosh has been hurt. The only people getting blame from me are:

1. Spo

2. Wade

3. Role Players

4. Riley

• Owner

Also, if LeBron plays to his averages in this game and we lose, anyone who blames him should just stop watching basketball. He's been unreal all postseason while Wade has been garbage minus like 4 games and Bosh has been hurt. The only people getting blame from me are:

1. Spo

2. Wade

3. Role Players

4. Riley

So he's been garbage for just one game, or...? I'd say most of the series.

For me, it's mostly on Wade. He hasn't shown up in the first halves of these games (for the most part), and LeBron has. In the second half, Miami has to push to either maintain a lead, or come back, and Wade can't do it all himself...so LeBron is still going hard, and by the middle of the 4th, James feels like he's back in Cleveland.

It doesn't help that the role players aren't doing anything, aside from hustling...but hustling doesn't win games, either. Mike Miller is fighting through the back pain, doing his best to get open and grab boards, but if he's not hitting shots, he's a huge problem. Same with Haslem, who can grab boards, but not hitting his shots and being ripped apart by Garnett....suddenly, the small impact he makes doesn't make up for the liability of having him out there.

I won't sit here and blame Spo for much because, the truth is, he has thrown out plenty of combinations to find that hardly any of them work. The small ball did work for a bit, especially when the Celtics pull Garnett out of the game for rest, but now it's just trading buckets, and that won't win games, either.

Miami doesn't have the size. They don't have a true center. That's why Bosh's impact is magnified in this series. It's not exactly Spo's fault that they don't have a true big man, that Turiaf doesn't play good enough to be out there, or that Joel Anthony is one of the worst offensive players in the NBA. It's not his fault that Eddy Curry is worthless, and that Dexter Pittman (who had Heat fans so happy at one point, before he even started playing) is only good for cheap shots.

Who knows...maybe playing Bosh 25 minutes will win the next two games for Miami, but this team will get wiped by the Thunder in the Finals, even if Bosh was 100%. Can't blame Spo for that, and honestly, I can't blame LeBron for that. Point fingers at Wade, and then either the role players, or Riley for not selecting the right guys to fill those roles. Spoelstra isn't going to stop LBJ and Wade from isolating, and he's not going to magically force Battier and Miller into making their shots. Playing James Jones more sounded fine, but he's 5-14 in the series because he can't even get his shot off, as seen in Games 4 and 5. He was tossing up 25-foot contested threes at the end of the shot clock, because anywhere inside of the three, he shoots less than 38% from the floor.

Miami is constructed to beat teams with their star power, but even then, the LeBron/Wade duo isn't among the Jordan/Pip's, or the Kobe/Shaq's, especially without shooters...and even Chris Bosh (the third wheel, who could be the second most important on this team at this point) can't make up for what they lack: teammates that can play established roles, and two superstars that aren't so similar to each other and that can do great things at the same time.